Rugby World Cup 2015

Wayne Barnes doing his popularity in NZ no favours again

Barnes is unpopular in New Zealand because he’s about the only referee that has temerity to referee them. If Barnes had been in charge of the 2011 final, France would quite rightly be world champions.

3 Likes

Agreed. He is also, however, a pedantic COAM, who should never be allowed to referee a game which people have paid to watch again. I fucking hate him.

Having said all that, Clancy was a pedantic cunt in the first match today

Arent they all pedantic cunts Ted, bar the Welsh lad and the kiwi that retired.

1 Like

I’m off today. What matches are on that I can throw a few quid on ?

@The_Tipping_King, any bets today ?

Some fat English rugby footballer on SSN just now saying they expect a really tough game against Wales as their opponents are world class and full of British Lions. :clap:

Who’s thrashing it out tonight, chaps?

No one
Next game is Wednesday I think

Gives us time to get our breath back.

Yup.
I think its France v Romania. As far as I know there is only two games on. Bit unfair on the Romanians really. France maul them all over the place and then we get to maul them next Sunday

Decent effort from Romania in the first half. A 6-17 scoreline a bit harsh on them. Romanian rugby really has fallen off in a big way since Santa Claus killed its patron on Christmas Day 1989.

Sinbin killed the poor cunts

Hugo MacNeil has a wonderful accent
Is Keith Wood a simpleton? He said that Romania were strong at set pieces, i think they lost nearly every lineout on their own throw
The fall of Communism was a total disaster for the country, also their domestic Association Football scene really suffered, didnt they hilariously beat “Ireland” in Lansdowne Road in a friendly maybe in December 1997? ,
The Title used to have a “Warren Gatland’s “Irish” record” snippet in a column and this was a notable nail in the coffin

I don’t remember that but they did beat then Five Nations champions Wales in a friendly in Cardiff in December 1988.

Weren’t over half the Romanian team part of Ceaușescus army?

Lads, ye think this Rugby Union World Cup is a joke, well I was just reading that they had a Rugby League World Cup in 2008. There were 10 “nations” playing in this world cup (which is a bit odd, seeing as the sport is only played in 2.5 countries, but I digress).
So anyway, they divided the teams into 3 groups.
Group A consisted of 4 teams, while groups B and C consisted of 3 teams.
The top 3 (out of 4) teams in group A qualified for the Semi-finals!!!
The winners of group B played the winners of group C in a quarter final for the last semifinal spot.
Jesus wept.

There was one in 2013 as well

How is this thing going? I’m sure the world is captivated by every game.

Take some time to peruse any of the recent draws for the Galway county championship, legal actions aside.