Rugby World Cup 2015

TV3’s coverage of the game has been immense.

No half time analysis, instead we were treated to a fascinating piece on Rala. Despite the fact that Rala’s mike wasn’t working or indeed he didn’t have one at all.

And they’ve some foreign lads doing the commentary.

the fool on commentary was on about how this HAKA dance was about “laying down a challenge”, the challenge was laid down to Namibia apparently once the dance was over
The whole acceptance that these Namibians are only here to make up the numbers certainly devalues the “match”, its a bit like when FIFA sent Tuvalu or some bunch of indigenous islanders to that friendly tournament ib Brazil in 2013 .
This game here is utterly pointless, its like an SPL game where the outcome is known before the off… Its the World’s best i suppose

They set new heights last night. The build up was on TV3 and then they switched to 3e for 1st half coverage and half time “analysis” before switching back to TV3 for 2nd half coverage but had big brother on the Sky tv guide on TV3 to put people off the scent, the crafty fuckers.

The condescending jeering from the crowd when Namibia try to play is disgusting
The out half kicked a few goals and his scores were widely jeered by a bunch of drunks in the crowd… awful stuff

1 Like

That reminds me of a point that I meant to make last night after watching ‘Den’ on Second Captains.

He made the point that it’s so difficult for the weaker nations to beat the top tier nations. For fuck sake. Rugby is the one game in the world that weaker countries could, by good coaching and conditioning beat anyone given that it’s such a boring, staid, forumulaic clusterfuck of a sport.

It’s not like there’s skill involved like hurling or gaelic football. A fucking shambles of a sport.

Openly racist commentary from the TMO too. Black player this and black player that. Bullshit.

The Rugby ‘World’ Cup actually makes the All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship look competitive.

3 Likes

The Sin Bin. This looks really interesting.

The whole match was on TV3, at least the France one was.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t. They also did this for the Tonga v Georgia match on Saturday.

It was
It was advertised for 3e but it was on 3 for a finish

It was. The 8pm news and Red Rock were on 3e while the rugby was on TV3. Of this I am certain. You were probably off your face as usual.

Hmmm. Looks like I tell so many lies that the lines between fiction and reality are permanently blurred. It definitely* happened on the match on Saturday though.

*i was off my face on Saturday

disgusting

Time you intervened

Continuing the discussion from Rugby World Cup 2015:

@GeoffreyBoycott will be seething at this

Did you change the job yet?

Ya about 3 months ago. I was very good for the first 2 months bar a bit of a blowout for the August bank holiday weekend. Have fell off the horse so to speak for the last 3 or 4 weekends but clean slate from this weekend again. Onwards and upwards and all that.

1 Like

Peter Clohessy thought the same a few years back.

Racists and colonial sympathizers exposed on this post

Hon Wales. I’d like them to lose less than England.

I think I despise the Welsh and “Scots” more than the English.

1 Like