Rugby World Cup 2015

You could kill 10 minutes collapsing scrums like this.

That would appear to be the plan

This is Gatlandball at its worst. Good as Australia’s defence is Wales are making a total mess of this.

Putting North and Roberts into maul after maul, horrible.

Unreal! Has to be the ball game?

There hasn’t been such a heroic Australian stand since Gallipoli 100 years ago. Actually this is a much better one than that as most of them got slaughtered at Gallipoli.

Score & time left, pal?

12-6 to Australia. Australia down to 13 men, held out a Welsh battering, and now have a penalty to kick and are back to 15 men. 10 left. Folau outstanding. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will be over the moon at this.

1 Like

Australia 15 Wales 6. 72:10

1 Like

Gatlands face :smile:

This penalty puts Oz 15 - 6 up. 8min to go.

1 Like

If our boys can’t do it then i really hope our Outback mates do.

Another taff limps off. Carnage.

And with Australia’s win here goes any chance of Ireland making the final.

Haha, chance of Ireland making the final!

That’s disappointing from Ireland’s POV. The Welsh could have left the Tri Nations on the other side of the draw and given a new nation a place in the final providing we beat the French.

Only Ireland can stop an Australia-New Zealand final.

And the only way they can do that is by beating France tomorrow, thus setting up a France-New Zealand clash, where obviously the French will win yet again.

There´s a depth and geographical diversity to a rugby World Cup that you just don´t get in a soccer World Cup. Representatives from the Americas, Australasia, Africa and Europe in the quarter finals with Japan just narrowly missing out on providing a representative from Asia. Compare that to the tired old formula you get in a soccer World Cup. North Korea 1966, Cameroon 1990 and Senegal & South Korea 2002 the only non Americas and Europe quarter finalists I can think of, off the top of my head.

Have you tried wanking when bored?

2 Likes

That “Crash, bang, boomerang” music in that Heineken rugby ad sounds suspiciously like the “Playground Bang-around” parody song in the paedophile episode of Brass Eye.