Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

The rugby world cup

Keep up

I’ve already explained to you, why that won’t happen.

And should namibia be banned for not having an inclusive rugby culture?

My limited understanding of rugby in Namibia is that the sport has little popularity outside of the Afrikaan community. If you were to adopt the approach you are advocating, you’d be throwing the likes of Tyrone, Fermanagh and Down out of the All Ireland Football and various Hurling Championship for not having an inclusive culture which made Protestants feel welcome.

Rugby in South Africa even in the Apartheid era always had a good degree of popularity across the racial divide. That has been reflected in the make up of the South Africa national team for a number of years now.

I think the gga is a bigoted racist organisation which should be disbanded

1 Like

David Humphreys was part of BBC’s match coverage for the 2003 All-Ireland final.
Rory Best attended the 2010 All-Ireland final as an ordinary spectator, supporting Down.
Arlene Foster is the official patron and mascot of Fermanagh GAA.

Henshaw, Murray and leavy to come back into that side. Age profile of the squad is unreal. Time to book flights for Japan. We are going all the way.

1 Like

Canada beat Germany 29-10 yesterday. They’re all but home and hosed for the final qualifying place. Hong Kong will have to beat Canada by 29 points to overhaul them in the final round of games.

:dembele:

1 Like

Disappointing for the game to see the exact same 20 sides qualify for this world cup as the last. Romania have since been kicked out for registration issues to be replaced by Russia, who have an exemplary record in sporting integrity. In the 5 different world cups this century only 23 different countries have qualified, World Rugby need to have a long look at themselves.

3 Likes

Ireland’s second game will be in Fuckyouroy

We’re on track.

2 Likes

Good to see Repechage qualifying again, they bring a great old support. Who knocked Madagascar out? Must have been a massive shock. The absence of their fans will be a loss to the competition.

1 Like

FAO rugby heads here,when the hell are ye going to get rid of the plastic paddy “Ireland’s call” talk about embarrassing,I love watching Ireland play but fcuk me when I hear that excuse for a national song I cringe,yes I know we have a mixed team but FFS the "Soldiers song " needs to get a look in, especially in games outside of eng,Wales, Scotland.

Not now Mickee.

After what happened yesterday in New Zealand, these lads don’t need an excuse but have one now. They’ll bring home the bacon for the nation.

New Zealand’s most prominent muslim player Sonny Bill Williams in tears there earlier.

Exactly my point they’ll unite here and walk this home. everyone else be looking at them with their mouths open.

Bit of soul searching for Coach Schmidt ahead of the World Cup. By the time Japan comes around in about six months time, eight of yesterday’s starting team in Cardiff will be over 30, well over 30 in a few cases - Rory Best 37, Jonny Sexton 34, Rob Kearney 33, Keith Earls 32, Cian Healy 32, Sean O’Brien 32, Conor Murray 30, Peter O’Mahony 30.

O’Brien may have played his last game in an Irish shirt. Genuine worries over Sexton, Best and Kearney at this stage too. Schmidt was far too slow y’day in using his bench.