Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Score?

49-3

@anon7035031

Even the third tier is completely imbalanced. Portugal went through all the other sides like shit through a goose going off that wiki

Average 48 point winning margin :laughing:

1 Like

Sounds like a very good performance from South Africa. Likely quarter final opponents for Ireland. @dodgy_keeper, @glasagusban and @anon61878697 have had Ireland down as favourites for that potential match up for a long time.

1 Like

Jersey destroyed Russia recently, they have to be included

2 Likes

Fixtures certainly couldn’t have fallen any kinder for Ireland. Schmidt has the experience of one world cup under his belt and had been building up to this one for four years. Ireland will never have a better chance, up to them to take it.

This @ChairmanDan chap has got absolutely eviscerated over the past few days by @the_man_himself and @Big_Dan_Campbell. His inferiority complex with association football is as prevalent as you’ll see.

2 Likes

I see what I assume was a Connaught side without some of their front line players gave Russia a similar enough trimming in the lead up to the WC to what Ireland did during the week.

Hard to disagree with Franno here, the Vodafone Ireland’s teams goose is cooked. As @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy points out, good thing we don’t have to play the likes of Jersey, we could be in trouble

1 Like

A mate of mine (an Aussie) was living in D’Netherlands over a decade ago - he says he’d occasionally get a phone call asking would he mind togging out for the Dutch National Team that afternoon. I wonder if they’ve moved on much since those days.

1 Like

I would have thought Moscow would provide better investment opportunities

Though it does carry the risk of being poisoned with an umbrella or mysteriously suicided if things go wrong

25th best team in the world currently

1 Like

The humidity in Moscow would be far more manageable.

The Siberians seemed to deal with the humidity of Japan quite well yesterday

With EU free movement, I wonder would the Dutch approach an All-Star panel of Leinster schools players who aren’t good enough to make it with Leinster

Give them scholarships to top Dutch universities where they could study accounting or international finance or whatever through English

All the while, they would train together as a team

At the end of five years, they would become the Dutch national team and almost certainly would be good enough to qualify for the World Cup

Sounds like an interesting Project

Tinking outshide the boxsh

1 Like

Which mighty ducks film did you lift that from?

That’s it

Get a film production company to fund it as a documentary

Green, Shite and Orange

5 Likes

Green, Shoite & Orange

1 Like

I’m serious about this project

Even if you took just one schools team

Let’s say Gonzaga (cc: of balbec)

When you look at what Vasya Artemiev has done, it’s a serious runner

If that Gonzaga team was offered the chance to stay together as a team and move to Holland, bide their time with the residency rules etc, in five years they would be easily able to compete at international level

They would surely qualify for a World Cup

Say for 2023, we’ll say the qualifiers begin in 2021

If you had taken the 2016 Gonzaga SCT team, by 2021 they’d be eligible

By 2023 they could be proudly flying the Dutch flag on the world stage in France

Maybe Josh van der Flier could switch allegiance as well to help them out

1 Like