Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

You really think a whole team of South county Dublin private school rugby players would turn orange? Wait, don’t answer that.

Yes, fake tan is very popular with young lads now, and some old men, even

They don’t even care enough to do that, they give their scholarships to hockey and water polo

The rugby set, of which @ChairmanDan is a member, should be reminded that @the_man_himself’s question was left up in the air yesterday.

The fact is is that the Irish rugby team have never won a real World Cup game by @ChairmanDan’s metrics

6 Likes

The time is now.

@myboyblue

With the caveat that I have not seen the game yet, I accept I may have to update my estimate of Ireland’s chances in a QF. I had previously given us no chance against NZ or SA, but after last night’s result that was obviously too optimistic.

It’s very disappointing that he won’t hold his hands up and admit he got caught out. He’s just tried to disappear and pretend it never happened.

3 Likes

It’s almost likes hes shit himself

3 Likes

All is not lost. While they are making a lot of mistakes in the last two games they’re not far off either. A lot will depend on whether it’s NZ or SAF. SAF look tailor-made for an ambush - they just want to run over you and if you can stand up to that (a big if admittedly) then you’re at the races. Despite their high score vs Italy today they laboured quite a bit in the first half (when it was 15 v 15) and Italy got some joy.

He must have Italian blood in him

Chairman Mao would blush at the level of propaganda @ChairmanDan engages in.

Is there any chance whatsoever that Schmidt has set this team up from the very start just to beat SA and that’s why Ireland are playing this way?

How will that plan work against New Zealand?

4 Likes

Russia have improved as the tournament has gone on. Unsurprising as they have probably trained together more in the last 10 weeks than they would have in a few years before. They have limited the score in all three games. Our margin of victory (35) was more than Japan (20) when youd have expected them to be at their freshest

They were desperately limited side. And played to keep the score down against us which was probably wise. They kept us scoreless for 20 mins of 2nd half which was superb by them…we were rubbish though. It should have been a hammering

They do

Agreed. Georgia have loads of pros playing in France. If they got up to 6N they would be fine and at least as competitive as Italy usually are.

Shows the importance of RWC in growing the global game. Fellas even talking about third tier comp in Europe now. Brilliant to see

3 Likes

Josh is south African

Are South Africans not just Dutch lads on steroids?

Great to see rugby once every four year types like @StoneCold so engrossed in the World Cup and thirsty for knowledge.

The tournament really begins when a side is faced with its first do or die match, a match where there’s no safety net or next day to set it right if you don’t win - where you’re out if you lose or where a win will eliminate your opponent who is vying for advancement to the next stage.

The Ireland 24-23 win over Wales in the final pool match of the 1995 World Cup to secure a quarter final place, would be a case in point. A crunch match won by Ireland where Wales only needed a draw to advance and anything less than a win meant elimination for Ireland.

The final pool match of the 1999 World Cup against Romania, another crunch match won by Ireland where they would have been eliminated if they had lost, with Romania advancing.

The pool win over Argentina in 2003 another case in point. A 16-15 Ireland win secured a quarter final place for Ireland and eliminated Argentina. An Argentina win and it was lost likely a role reversal of Ireland going home after the pool stages and Argentina advancing to the quarter final.

Its 23 wins from 38 matches for Ireland at the Rugby World Cup.

3 Likes