Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Great analysis.

How many do or die soccer games has oireland won at the soccer world cup out of interest?

1 Like

@Big_Dan_Campbell is the resident expert on Eire and their 3 soccer World Cup appearances out of 21. Maybe take it over to a soccer thread for him to discuss.

Let’s just focus on the rugby here and the Team of Us.

2 Likes

Nah i avoid em like the plague. Must be a considerable number the lads are so uppity. Ah well

1 Like

Italy well beaten today. They were competitive enough and played reasonably well up until the sending off.

Christ another idiot forces in a terrible nfl analogy

I’m Italian, nobody plays rugby in Italy.

2 Likes

Ireland are a tiny little nation in soccer terms… I don’t know what’s going on here with all the soccer talk but you simply can’t compare a skillful and truly world game like soccer to rugby, a game with little skill and a lot of physicality.

2 Likes

What about Frannos debut in 1997? Im pretty sure we knocked Tonga out that day. It was pretty much straight knock out between us

Nature of the bandwagon unfortunately Dan. Fickle as fuck

You only need to look at some of the home attendances for Irish soccer qualifiers in the aviva. They could hold the crowd in tallaght stadium

They beat the hosts Spain in Valencia in 1982

Also beat Czechoslovakia in 1958 and Saudi Arabia in 2002

2 Likes

Rugby has gone so physical and nearly impossible to watch. Ireland’s game plan is kicking the ball away. Contrast that to Schmidt’s Leinster team who were a joy to watch. Total sea change from Joe.

1 Like

Tonga. Is that the place where all the people are …erm, not thin?

1 Like

That is true

You didn’t just put ireland and this word in the same sentence re soccer… Is ireland tinier than croatia, Uruguay, iceland?

Strange when i called attention to irelands bogus victory over the italian b team in 2016 i was told to shut up and pull on the green jersey by the same posters now questioning the #teamofus

1 Like

You could do yourself a serious favour pal and not watch it. Nobody will mind.

2 Likes

They bates all them lads.

I must have missed this game a sprightly Franno making his debut at the age of 33🤔

1 Like

Apologies. 1987 of course

Incredible to think that two of the all time greats of Blackrock College, Leinster and Ireland rugby, Franno and Drico both made their international debuts at Ballymore Brisbane.

1 Like