Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Why arenā€™t these final games played at the same time? Complete lack of sporting integrity to play them on different days.

2 Likes

At the moment my models would show the forecast for Fukuoka to be very similar to conditions that generated an orange warning here for Lorenzo.

More interestingly my models actual show that the forecast for Yokohama on Sunday to be far far worse. Proper Typhoon conditions.

3 Likes

That is quite interesting. :thinking: What will an abandoned Scotch vs Japs tie do for us @ChairmanDan?

This is rugby not scummy soccer. Sporting integrity is a given in rugby.

19 Likes

It would relegate the team of us to second place in the group and a quarter final against the team of AIG

As an absolute minimum, Scotland need to win both their matches to overtake Ireland and Japan. Anything less than two wins for Scotland and theyā€™re out. Even at that, two wins may not suffice for Scotland.

Sweet Jesus
:astonished: :joy:

This could obviously affect games in other groups too, creating all sorts of permutations.

You wouldnā€™t get this sort of uncertainty and clusterfuckedness anywhere else. Box Office.

Still no update on the Billy Vunipola ankle injury. England prospects really hinge on his fitness.

Iā€™ve been running through them there, itā€™s unlikely to make a whole pile of a difference. Wales have a couple of games left in Pool D, but if they beat Fiji as expected during the week they should be fine.

Thereā€™s no uncertainty or clusterfuckendess. The rules are quite clear as to what happens if the fixture cannot be played at the designated time and in the designated venue. Cricket has a similar rule in its World Cup. In soccer, when a knockout match ends in a draw, thereā€™s a lottery system applied to determine which of the drawn team advances or in the case of a final, who lifts the Cup.

Whatā€™s this?

@ChairmanDan seems to be of the same opinion as disgraced former poster @GeoffreyBoycott that footballers kicking a football is a lottery

2 Likes

This is a rugby World Cup thread. I donā€™t see any rugby content in your post. Run along now and bother somebody else about how they parent their kids at the weekend.

1 Like

The same lottery system rugby has in place if it ends a draw?

You brought soccer into it, as you generally do. Youā€™re absolutely obsessed with it

A lottery in knock out rugby is a statistical anomaly. Of the 59 knock out matches in the Rugby World Cup since 1987, not one of those 59 matches has had to resort to a lottery.

In European Cup rugby, its close to 150 knock out matches now since the tournament inception in season 1995/96 and I believe itā€™s only on one occasion in the Leicester v Cardiff, 2009 semi final that it became necessary to use a lottery.

30 drawn matches at the soccer World Cup since 1982 and 10 drawn European Cup finals since 1984 have had the lottery applied.