Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

South Africa has misplaced their attack coach on the eve of the World Cup, shoddy business. Felix Jones to step in?

Ireland at 7/1 each way is a cracking bet.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
are Namibia taking part in this thing?

Ya Jones is already doing a bit of skills coaching with them

All have become peripheral over the last 18 months. I expect England to go well in Japan.

Bold selection policy from Coach Jones

A wise move in my view

Hartley is injured

Care an odd deicison. Going with 2 scrum halves one of whomz a project player, made his debut at tje weekend seems mad to me. Both will need to be involved in all the games. Heinz is 32 as well no spring chicken

Yes. Namibia made it through the minefield that was the 93 team qualifying phase.

Looks like Jones is feeling the heat. It’s odd they’ll have to keep using players not in the squad for the warm up games.

Of the genuine contenders, the 3 Southern Hemisphere giants and 4 home nations I think ourselves and France are 6th and 7th going into this tournament in terms of who can win it. Argentina, Scotland are the next best 2. Nothing has really changed in Rugby, NZ are beatable however which is a positive.
Gun to the head I say South Africa beat England in the final. France to go really well. Ireland lose to NZ in quarter finals.

You’re predicting France to beat England in the pool stages?

Very odd decision to name squad a month before he had to. Very very odd

Don’t think Heinz is a project player, he was always qualified to play for England. It is odd that he hasn’t been used before now by Jones, it seems the closer we get to the world cup the more eager all coaches are to pack their squad with antipodeans.

1 Like

:smile:

You’re right he has an English granny. Even more bizarre move as you say to throw him into it so late

He is a good player, but no world beater. And hes 32. Picking 2 scrum halves is just odd.

Eddie Jones is a tremendous man. I especially love how he drives the Irish rugby fans bananas.

It’s Gatty really that drives Irish rugby fans batty. Ireland have a pretty good record against Eddie Jones coached teams.

They are

It will be cringe for the rugby set

Are you still a rugby man?

Aren’t you missing an adjective?