Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

There are no friendlies in rubby union football.

Its ever so slightly emasculating whats going on here alright.

I thought the pre World Cup warm up games were friendlies?

Iā€™ll post as and when I like, m8

I donā€™t cow to snowflake bullies like yourself

That is not in the laws which I read this morning. If three teams finish on level points then points difference is used to decide first place. Which would be Scotland in this case, but points difference is then not used to also decide second place. This will come down to head to head which would mean Japan beat us to second place.

Tie-breaking criteria

If two or more teams are tied on match points, the following tiebreakers apply:

1. The winner of the match between the two teams
  2. Difference between points scored for and points scored against in all pool matches
  3. Difference between tries scored for and tries scored against in all pool matches
  4. Points scored in all pool matches
  5. Most tries scored in all pool matches
  6. Official World Rugby Rankings as of 14 October 2019

If three teams were tied on points, the above criteria would be used to decide first place in the pool and then the criteria would be used again (starting from criterion 1) to decide second place in the pool

2 Likes

No -they pushed Ireland to no.1 - not friendlies -

Itā€™s important that we correct errors where they arise on here. Argentina beat USA in a crucial game earlier, so there were in fact 3 games today with the combined winning total of 103 points. Another memorable day in professional rugby union world cup history.

2 Likes

Crowing about a lad kicking the ball out to avoid losing by even more to Japan mate.

We could be eliminated other wise. Good few fellas like @the_man_himself reckoned he was wrong to kick it out.

So let me get my ducks in a row.
:thinking:

• November games are important Test Matches with World Ranking Points to play for.
  • Pre World Cup games are not important Test Matches, but also have World Ranking points at stake.
  • World Cup group games are not that important in terms of competitiveness, but are important Test Matches with World Ranking points on offer.

It was very smart game management by Joey Carberry even if it did meet with the disapproval of the rugby once every four years soccer types.

That was an absolute belter of a match between Wales v Fiji. As good as Iā€™ve seen in a while. Well maybe since France v Tonga on Sunday morning.

1 Like

Agreed impressive for a young fella to be so aware of the rules.

Its dreadfully confusing.

Schmidt has made a bollocks out of these group stages.

Thereā€™s a forum called hogan stand. You should think about logging in there. Youā€™d fit in brilliantly.

Search inside yourself noob, you know it to be true.

#playtolose
#damagelimitations

Maybe thatā€™s where @AppleCrumbled has gone?

1 Like

I heard heā€™s busy working on the farm.

I thought he was gone to college??? :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: