Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

The 1994 and 2014 Japanese Grands Prix were restarted due to rain. The 1991 Australian GP is the only race I can think of that was red-flagged and not restarted purely due to rain, although I’m sure there were others.

South Africa would have been eliminated due to the “fair play” points scoring they had at the time if memory serves me correct so they did everything they could to make sure that game went ahead.

The Belgian Grand Prix needs to be moved away from August

It’s affected by too many typhoons

thats correct, i think that theyd 2 red cards against them, which back then were hard to get

The IRB will need to schedule the draw for the 2023 world cup earlier to avoid such an incidents like these. They obviously did not have enough time to plan the logistics and build in robust contingency planning in the two years they had since the draw for the 2019 WC took place til the actual staging of the tournament.

Real amateur planning, but I suppose when the vast majority of countries who “play” the game are amateur sides this type of slap dash administration is expected.

1 Like

Why don’t they move the Scottish and Japan game to Saturday play it after the Irish game in the same stadium behind closed doors.

1 Like

@ChairmanDan

Would it be fair to say that test cricket in Australia needs to be moved away from the typhoon season of November?

That was the race with Jordans first win I think. Kerry Played Kildare in the AI semi final that day too.

I really miss @GeoffreyBoycott at times like this.

France in October should be safe enough from typhoons.

you need to sharpen up your aim

1 Like

Correct. Hill won from Ralf Schumacher, a Jordan 1-2.

Had to wait until 1999 and HH Frentzen’s wins in Magny Cours and Monza to hear Amhrán na bhFiann being played though.

1 Like

The Ireland team to face Samoa in the final pool match of World Cup 2019 (weather permitting).

Starting XV
J.I. Larmour (St Mary’s College & Leinster)
K.G. Earls (Young Munster & Munster)
R. Henshaw (Buccaneers & Leinster)
B. Aki (Galwegians & Connacht)
J.A. Stockdale (Ballynahinch & Ulster)
J.J. Sexton (St Mary’s College & Leinster)
G.C. Murray (Garryowen & Munster)
C.E.J. Healy (Clontarf & Leinster)
R.D. Best (Banbridge & Ulster) capt
T.P. Furlong (New Ross & Leinster)
J.M. Ryan (UCD & Leinster)
W.I. Henderson (Ballynahinch & Ulster)
T.G. Beirne (Shannon & Munster)
J.D. Van der Flier (UCD & Leinster)
C.J. Stander (Shannon & Munster)

Replacements
N.P. Scannell (Dolphin & Munster)
D. Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians & Munster)
A.P. Porter (UCD & Leinster)
J.D. Kleyn (University of Stellenbosch & Munster)
P.J. O’Mahony (Cork Constitution & Munster)
L.T. McGrath (UCD & Leinster)
J.D. Carbery (Clontarf & Munster)
A.J. Conway (Garryowen & Munster)

1 Like

I believe Monza is Italian for monsoon

Have we named the duds in any game?

The IRB no longer exists m8

What is your view on FIFA scheduing the 1970, 1982, 1986, 1990 and 1994 World Cups for extremely hot venues including many matches in the midday sun

Eire manager Jack Charlton was banned from the touchline by FIFA for complaining that the 120 degree fahrenheit temperature of Orlando was so hot that players ran the risk of dying if they could not take in water during games

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar has had to be changed to November/December - but this was not advertised in the original Qatar bid - the tournament was awarded to them on the basis that it would be played in June/July

Some casual observers, aka the once every four years crew, dont get this at all

Limerick GAA would never allow one of their comps integrity to be damaged like this #sandylane

Sure na piarsaigh play on a flooded pitch :smiley:

1 Like

Michael Palin’s Around the World in 80 Days and Full Circle both included Palin travelling through Japan in October

I imagine several forum posters will have something to say about this - based on their arguments so far, there will be a strong case for the BBC to answer

The programmes were licence payer funded