Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

We’re at our best in sweltering heat.

Roll ?

You were only two posts away from being called a fascist.

5 Likes

AmhrĂĄn na bhFiann was played in Spa-Francorchamps in 1998, Eddie standing on the podium blasting it out. Murray Walker made a stones of it by preparing viewers for the British national anthem before having to subsequently eat crow.

That wasn’t the first time that Amhrán na bhFiann was played on an F1 podium though…

Spoons are pertinent to both the Japanese Grand Prix and rugby

Drivers have to negotiate the Spoon curve at Suzuka

The wooden spoon is a title that the Irish rugby team have claimed on many occasions

1 Like

He’s having a mental breakdown now, cos he was wrong on the internet. Unsurprising, but sad in its own way.

I was entirely correct

And that kills you and kills others

Which is sad

My posts here this morning have whipped up a typhoon of insanity through several posters tiny little brains

Fascinating to watch

Mickey mouse lions tours the scourge of Irish rugby more important than a world cup? I’ve heard it all now.

Do typhoons affect your internet weirdo ivory tower?

I’m not sure that they did? My memory is that they played GSTQ for Hill, as the winning driver, and then that was it (as was the norm where the driver and team were of the same nationality), with Peter Collins explaining that as Jordan was based in the UK, the team was effectively a UK team. This was not the case in 1999 for sure (Frentzen would have gotten the German National Anthem, and then the Solider’s Song was played for Jordan), and when Fisichella won the Brazilian GP in 2003 after an investigation, the played Amhrán na bhFiann subsequently at the next race in a ceremony in the paddock.

I’m struggling for when else was it played? GSTQ was played for Irvine’s wins.
Edit: I’m guessing John Watson must have got Amhrán na bhFiann once.

That you would call anybody a weirdo is deeply ironic, in an unintentional way of course, because you show all the signs of being a very weird individual indeed - and not in any sort of a good way

Your entire output on this forum revolves around me, which is very weird

You should probably try developing some opinions on actual real life matters, because you don’t actually appear to have any - instead of copying and pasting those Tmes articles, you might try reading some of them

I’m not sure why I obsess you so much, but it doesn’t speak well of what’s going through your head

You can’t really be tinkering too much with the sporting calendar because of the weather. The Bourda in Guyana was the test cricket ground most affected historically by weather.

The rugby crew on the whole are accepting of the uncharacteristic lateness of the typhoon season in Japan this year. It’s the soccer crowd that seem to be getting most exercised about it.

2 Likes

Any games today?

No matches today.

Parisse making shite of @ChairmanDan here

It is ridiculous that a decision of this nature has been made because it isn’t like the fans arrived yesterday. It is ridiculous that there was no plan B, because it isn’t news that typhoons hit Japan.

Sure, everyone might think that Italy versus New Zealand being cancelled counts for nothing because we’d have lost anyway, but we deserved to be respected as a team.

We had the chance to play in a big stadium, against a great team. The alternative is Plan B. When you organise a World Cup you should have one in place.

2 Likes

Italy now have a better RWC record than Ireland when it comes to facing New Zealand.

Ireland have never even managed a draw against the All Blacks when it mattered.

9 Likes

The Rubby set seem to be imploding

1 Like

Test matches are very important mate

id say the commemorative DVD will be a stocking filler from milan to messina

+1

The sanctity of Rubby football is at the stake here.