Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Heā€™s had little game time and schidmt nearly always uses him. He doesnā€™t trust Luke mcgrath and now with a doubt over Carberry carty has to travel. You canā€™t bring 6 half backs.

Why not? Id say most squads will have three scrum halves and a utility who covers 10. Thatā€™s Carbery for us

Fear with 2 x 9s is you play Murray in first game and he has to come on after 1 min in next game due to injury. Too risky when he is one of the most important players

I think Conway will lose out unfortunately

I think you have one too many fwds there.

We are going to be far too reliant on josh Van Der Flier staying fit.

1 Like

Na Gil 17/14 split or 18/13. It would never be 16/15. Porter training on both sides of the scrum so only 5 props will go. Iā€™d have a feeling Conway would start if Earls or stocdale took a knock. I think heā€™ll travel.

Went thru this last nt.

17/14 =

6 half backs
4 centres
4 back 3 players and carbery covering back 3

No issue with that. Just means a choice between conway and larmour

Dont know where you are getting 15

Thatā€™s why Rhys Ruddock is likely to travel.

Your right about that. But you arent doing your sums through the rest of squad at all

He wonā€™t travel he hasnā€™t a hope of traveling.

You said I had one too many forwards. I only picked 17 forwards. If I dropped one that would make it a 16/15 split. Imo it isnā€™t a choice between Conway and Larmour. Larmour is on the plane. If McGrath goes it means Marmion is covering wing(heā€™s played a lot there under schdimt) and then Conway would lose out. Itā€™s possible addision goes ahead of Conway too. I donā€™t think schdimt pulls with McGrath so I just donā€™t think heā€™ll pick him. Schdimt is like that. Cooney made sense as 3rd 9/10 cover but he simply doesnā€™t fancy him.

You were talking about an 18/13 split

1 Like

He only took 5 half backs in 2015 so I suspect heā€™ll do the same.

Think hard now about the reasons it might have been different the last time

I really donā€™t think it will unless Carberry is fully fit.

Did you think of why he might bring 3 x 9s

No?

Because last time the WC was a 2 hr flight from home. Its most of a day travelling now and a half day/full day before you can join squad after landing.

First injury we got in 2015 Scmidt pulled in Boss for Payne when he had to leave squad.

Well see.

There was a good iview with ROG and BOD on newdtalk earlier on. They didnt spare the whip on zebo

1 Like

Really? I was listening to Murray kinsellas podcast this morning when I walked the dogs.

Basically called him lazy cunt.