Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

If Ireland produce a big performance, they have every chance of winning on Saturday. The big concern is that in 13 test matches so far in 2019, Ireland have rarely come close to the level of performance of 2018.

Theyā€™ve got lots of people off.

William Fry seem to be going through their once a decade crisis at the moment though.

If I lived to be 100 I doubt I will ever be that confident against the all blacks

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised if they got William Fry involved and flew them out to Japan, they didnā€™t go the whole hog and get a heavy hitting Senior Counsel out there. How often are William Fry on their feet in court? I donā€™t believe they have much of a Dublin District Court practice

As an aside, I thought Donal Spring was solicitor of choice for IRFU.

Someone from kanturk pontificating about rugby. Reminds one of the time diarmuid o Flynn used to write on rugby for the examiner. Laughable.

1 Like

This is the type of attitude that rubby has long sought to stamp out in this country. Game for all

1 Like

Rural duhallow is not a heartland of rugby thatā€™s for sure. Kanturk had a bit of success but ended quickly.

There is a history of rugby in rural Duhallow going back to the 1920s. Double Olympic gold medalist Dr Pat O Callaghan was one of the founding members.

1 Like

Wayne Barnes officiating on Saturday. Iā€™d imagine itā€™ll get a mention or two in New Zealand how Barnsey was the man with the whistle the last time New Zealand lost a quarter final in 2007 to France.

1 Like

We have the best man for the job on the whistle anyway

1 Like

Nigel Owens a huge loss for Ireland.

1 Like

My pal paid 900 sterling for a ticket to Ireland vs Samoa.

I must say, Iā€™ve just watched Japan vs Scotland there now, and Iā€™ve never enjoyed a soccer match as much.

Barnes is scrupulously fair and one of the few officials that will referee New Zealand. Itā€™s a big plus that heā€™s officiating.

1 Like

Where did you see that - I havenā€™t seen any ref confirmations yet. If true it would be a positive for Ireland I think.

Neil Francis and Paul Wallace said it on the Last Word about half an hour ago.

Fingers crossed. I would have thought it would have been posted here if that was the case

https://officiating.worldrugby.org/index.php?page=appointments&id=116

the scummy soccer crowd are going to be pissing themselves that 1000s of oirish rubby fans have tickets for the wrong qtr final as they assumed we would walk the group

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3 Likes

Anybody I know thatā€™s in Japan are taking in a quarter final on both Saturday and Sunday. Both matches are in Chofu.

1 Like

Lads hopeful because of a friendly victory. Itā€™s akin to Carlow fancying themselves against Kilkenny in a Leinster quarter final cos they beat them in a Goal challenge the Wed after Kilkenny winning an All Ireland.

2 Likes