Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

It’s usually given to a bunch of losers.

Greg O’Shea has been Ireland’s most successful rugby football player in 2019.

7 Likes

Limerick, Limerick, Limerick

2 Likes

Was he invited to Sandy Lane?

It would be very easy to dance on Irish rubbys grave today.

Oh it is.

Yerra lookit

Great to see such confidence in Dermo going cross code

Des Cahill on Radio One there - “are we not as good as we think we are?”

2 Likes

looking forward to see how england deal with the haka

Hard luck @gilgamboa, @tallback, @LionelRitchie…no shame ever losing to NZ, but I’m sure you’ll be vexed with how Joe has gone about things over the last 18 months.

Back to club rugby for.you Mousey? Might see you above supporting the Parish?

But yeah, Joe needed to continue freshening things. Went the way of Eddie a bit in that stuck with the same thing even in the face of defeat. You’d feel a bit for him that he went out on the back of some hiding but then you remind yourself, that hiding is a long way of his own making.

1 Like

Irelands heaviest RWC quarter final defeat to date.

I think I’m correct in saying this was our first knock out game against the All Blacks?

We have a history of collapse when anything is expected of us, how many times have Argentina knocked us out? Three I think. In reality the only time we were competitive in a world cup was before the game turned professional and lads played it as a pastime.

Last bit is true. This is the weakest ABs team to head a world cup, the wallabies are shite, south africa, tho on the rebound, aren’t a great side, France have regressed. But even with all that, we’ve still not really progressed as genuine threat come world cup time.

Hope Japan go out tomorrow and win. Though might show us up more, be good to see a smaller nation (rugby playing-wise) make a breakthrough

Ireland has previously lost quarter finals too Australia x 2 France x 2 Wales and Argentina. Never lost to England or Scotland in a quarter final.

Will this affect our ranking/seeding for 2023?

Are we likely to drop to second seeds?

Also lost a QF playoff to Argentina in 99 and lost an effective knock out game to Argentina in 2007.

And beat them in same scenario in 2003 in Oz, Quinlan bursting his shoulder scoring the try to clinch it.

1 Like