Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Well what’s done is done. A fresh start rid of schmit and whoever the defence coach is

5 Likes

So we have a 1-3 record against Argentina in knock out or effective knock out games?
It’s a sobering statistic given our world rankings versus theirs over that period.

That’s an unreal record Ireland have in fairness, they did well to protect it this year.

The defence Coach is taking over from Coach Schmidt as Head Coach.

Joe Schmidt leaving on a high after equaling Ireland’s greatest ever WC performance: getting the shit bate out of them in the quarter final :clap::clap::clap:

7 Likes

A touching moment in fairness

Andy Farrell needs to drop Sexton and Murray.

In your informed opinion, for who?

He won’t need to drop Sexton I’d say. He’ll probably go anyway

:astonished:

Andy Farrell will pick Sam Burgess for us

We’ll be unbeatable

2 Likes

www.original.com ??

Thanks be ta fuck we won’t have to listen to this shit for a long time again. The southern islanders handed them their arses on a plate. What a shame they can’t make it beyond the last eight of an eight team tournament.

4 Likes

Things can only get better.

It’s all about the Goal challenge matches in November.

1 Like

Cheers bud. It’s a tough one but sometimes sport can be cruel. I allowed myself to dream this week but we were found seriously wanting.

Yes - of course you can criticise our approach. However, I would say that up until the England game this year it had brought unprecedented levels of success. At that point in retrospect we we were in trouble but quite difficult to make big changes 6 months out - they did what most teams do in that situation and tried to play their way out of it.

I was at the rugby club today for the Irl game and then an AIL game. The AIL game was good for the soul after the morning horror-show. We go again.

13 Likes

'If greatness is measured on the ability to deliver on the biggest days, then a cold wind of truth blew across Tokyo and announced Ireland as feeble and mediocre also-rans.

Those November victories over a New Zealand team winding down at the end of long season, even if they felt historic at the time, if they filled the nation with a warm, fuzzy glow, are now exposed as something close to fool’s gold, devalued, semi-worthless currency.’

5 Likes

Don’t know who wrote that but it’s absolutely true. In the amateur era these test matches were big events, they are now as big a waste of time as an international soccer friendly. The serious rugby nations are using them, and the 6nations and rugby championship, to try out players and systems to win them the world cup. IRFU are still using them as a money spinner and the chance to release a dvd that will sell well at Christmas. They have to decide between being a serious contender at world cups, or maximising marketing opportunities for all these glorified friendlies - I have a fair idea on which side they will come down on there.

Just browsing my Chinese website of choice for Association Football Jerseys when I see the below pop up at the bottom of the screen.

Is it @Mac or @Bandage though? :fearful:

5 Likes