Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Is it kicking off this weekend?

excellently documented
Thanks Geoff

3 Likes

This Irish ship is holed below the waterline.

They’ll limp out of the pool and be well beaten by SA/NZ in the quarter-final, by which time messrs Sexton, Best and Kearney will no longer be in the team.

Eh, hello … You left out the word heroic,

This was all long predicted. Personally I blame Jamie Heaslip.

And that UUCOAM Joe Schmidt.

There will be no heroism.

Tell that to messrs Thornely and Franno et al.

Friday, 20 September. Japan v Russia is the opening match.

A mouth watering opener with tensions still being high from the 1904-05 Russo-Japanese war.

3 Likes

I see the Vodafone RWC ad there on Sky. The catchphrase is everybody in. Isn’t that what a gang of male rugby players say every time they snare a young one?

1 Like

I read that the pitch in Yokohama which will host the semi finals and final is of a similar standard to which Roy Keane found when he arrived in Saipan.

Turns out that the initial Final venue which Japan used in their bid isn’t even built yet. God only knows what the smugby set on here would have to say if a football world cup or European Championship was being run in similar circumstances

What difference does the pitch make, it’s rugby?

5 Likes

It is the shoddy administration and organisation which had led to this.

Some would have you believe that this type of stuff only happens in the GAA or association football and not in the noble sport of rugby who valiantly send the likes of Fergus Slattery to South Africa to end apartheid

Da fuq???

If this happens with an actual host country, imagine how dismal the IRFU bid must have been

2 Likes

Did the IRFU bid to host the 2019 World Cup?

Not sure. I’ll ask one of my rugby buds.

Hey @GeoffreyBoycott @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @gilgamboa did Ireland have a bid in for this rugby world cup?

2 Likes

Fucing state of this

1 Like