Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Pitch in that photo looks very similar to what he will be playing on in Japan.

That would be typical of the rugby community in Ireland. A shit show. If the GAA was in charge of putting in the bid for the rugby world cup there is no doubt we’d have won it.

Unless they used GAA grounds there wouldn’t be enough pitches in Ireland to hold a World Cup

The GAA had agreed to lend them the few pitches. They should get the GAA to fill out the application form for them altogether the next time, they wouldn’t have left entire sections of it blank and gotten zero points for them due to their own cluelessness. You can be well assured the GAA would have won that bid.

The Moscow Flyer @GeoffreyBoycott

no they wouldn’t have mate.

they are a completely different sporting organisation.

Are you missing the point on purpose?

your point seems to be that the GAA would have won a bid for the Rugby World cup had they prepared it for the IRFU.

if you’re ballhopping here, it’s a pretty shit ballhop, and it’s also a pretty shit point.

I don’t think I’m missing anything.

To the best of my recollection it was Japan, South Africa and Italy who were in the bidding process for the 2019 World Cup but @StoneCold seems to have some intelligence of an IRFU bid.

It’s not a ballhop. The IRFU made a hames of their bid. Having seen it, it’s no surprise they lost. The GAA would never have made such an unprofessional botch of the job. That’s the point.

@GeoffreyBoycott
could you please publish the English squad?

did you see the bid? did you audit the paper work?

Athnaíonn ciaróg ciaróg eile…

that’s a bit harsh, mate.

They left sections blank and got marked zero for them, the fucking eejits.

what sections? was the fucking thing graded like a term paper?

write a 40 page essay on why you should have the World Cup?

1 Like

Do you think its decided just on who they think will be the best fit?

Do you know how bids works?

I don’t know how it’s decided and neither does anyone here.

Yes, yes I do.

They left out sections and got zero marks. If they’d shown their work would they have got some percentage?