Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Does a draw not encourage some effort at least?

Not if you are happy enough to settle for it 20 minutes out.

But if your opinion is that soccer games that are knockout are equally as interesting as draws in the league then i cant change that

1 Like

The away goals rule negates this in soccer… Hence the reasonknockout European soccer is as good as you get for sporting drama.

I also think when you have radio shows like Offtheball which need 3 hours filler every evening sports related it is in their interest to spin rubby and milk it for all the content they can for the reasons you specified.

Does even the most ardent of rugby fan really care about the Leinster squads named on a Tuesday for a game when the official team is named later in the week? Yet it will be mentioned in every sports bulletin.

Tis all a bubble

6 Likes

Exactly

He cant even play in his own position not to mind back row , this is the attitude here with lads , they thought the irish lads can fill in anywhere . Brainwashed

That darned Irish media

So the media is simultaneously putting the knife into players/coaches and excusing away the performances.

I suppose if you try hard enough you can find some “media” to justify pretty much what ever point and pre-existing bias you have

3 Likes

Not even you can convince yourself of this surely.

There’s never been a successful Irish rugby player at the WC so there’s no one in a position to act like Keane does.

The closest to a truth-teller would be Neil Francis or at a push George Hook.

If the NZ team had been knocked out in a World Cup Quarter Final their entire families would have had to go into protective custody.

1 Like

You’d miss George at times like this, the old misogynist

2 Likes

Have the south Africans lost?

https://twitter.com/ewanmackenna/status/1186255154372403200?s=21

And we’re off.

Does Ewan sleep at all?

He has a point though

Hendo is molasses slow

@Tank

Best #teamofus tweets

2 Likes

This is the kind of shit I cant stand Ewan on. A players wife is upset that he is getting some stick in the media. Of course she is going to be defensive of him. She hasnt penned a long articulated journalistic piece about the merits of the team or dissect their performance. She sees the effort the put in and the team played like scutter and she doesnt like them being given shit over it when they are already hurting. Leave her off for fuck sake. What benefit does he get by giving her shit over it?

By all means, he can continue to go on about the team and the hangers on and all his other perceived agendas, but he has bitched and moaned about people going on about his personal life and here he is going after a players wife because she had the audacity to put up a throwaway tweet to leave off him.

13 Likes

bar the first tweet on your list, there is a common denominator on all the other tweets.

8 Likes