Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

toner didnt stick around?

One example: Ireland got a lower score than south africa and France for security. In their bid they had put in “no terrorism here lads, we’re secure”. Nothing about crowd management or event security or input from an Garda siochana. The equivalent of leaving a section blank and getting no marks for it. Seriously, they’re idiots.

They actually argued that Ireland’s connection with the USA meant more people in the USA would watch it and this would help rugby to break America. It was a plank of their application. Pure shite.

Did they actually write that?

I paraphrased, I would have thought that was self evident.

1 Like

It would be in any other country

You’re on the wrong thread. This is a thread for rugby enthusiasts to discuss the upcoming 2019 World Cup in Japan. There’s a separate thread dealing with the 2023 bid process.

All these big squad announcements in the last few days to be discussed and rugby people have to wade through all this spam from the likes of yourself.

2 Likes

Go take 45 minutes to type out the initials of the Italian squad or something. Pure gas.

8 Likes

TeamofUs exemplified perfectly

I heard he making a big stand over his omission.

He’ll stand tall over his omission.

Him being left out casts a shadow over the squad.

1 Like

Best line out caller in the business

1 Like

There are lads here saying the IRFU president Philip Browne would make a good Taoiseach. His World Cup bid ticks the ‘incompetent’ box anyway. It was a shambolic bid.

Incredible that Huw Jones has gone from his 2018 level of performance to not making the Scotland squad.

He must be very low over this

Youd know it was rugby season when a heap of lads who profess to have no interest in the ‘rubby’ spend their evenings windmilling about some rugby related topic or other.

Rugby has driven them demented. They need to pace themselves now or they will be burnt out before the business end of the RWC

1 Like

Sexton relieved and raring to go after ‘unfortunate’ thumb injury https://the42.ie/4794501

:eek:

cc @anon61878697

1 Like

Devin’s stock will really rise unless Ireland get to at least a semi final , He will dine on this for years

1 Like

Until then, Toner is low

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Good one. Toner is low :joy:

2 Likes