Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

It certainly was an IRFU policy that if you are going to sign an overseas player you may as well sign someone who could potentially play for ireland as one who couldnt.

Ok well let’s say in lots and lots of instances. There’s been a lot of middling to shit project players that have been picked ahead of Irish competitors.

Is it part of a policy to encourage project players? It seems so.

1 Like

Could you give me a few examples of real International class irish players who have lost out on deserved caps due to shit project players?

In recent times Quinn Roux is one Id have questioned but he didnt win that many caps and who did he really cost caps to? Billy Holland isnt really international class unfortunately

There is every chance we will start our first game in WC with no project player in the team

That’s a weird qualifier to throw in. Why did you throw that in?

What about equivalent level Irish players who lose out to project players? There’s lots of them and lots of examples of the project players getting the nod.

What percentage of the players Schmidt has handed out first caps to have been non-irish? I think it was approaching 50% at one point. That’s astonishing. Surely it’s not a coincidence?

1 Like

Throw up a few examples there. Plenty average Irish players got a few caps too to see what they were made of.

I dont know. Throw up the up to date details there that seems an astonishing number

What t f has that got to do with anything?

It’s almost like you are purposely missing the point entirely. Why are you throwing in weirdly specific qualifications to try to skew the discussion?

What’s a ‘Project Player’?

Something to do with agents fees and brown envelopes is the only logical conclusion mate

1 Like

A mercenary.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree. Stander been offering very little for a long time. Never thought I’d say it but would have Conan starting ahead of him.

If brexit goes through, can we call the Northies project players?

1 Like

Any numbers, examples or facts for me? Iv asked a few times. I reckon there are 8 or 9 project players capped since Schmidt took over, from about 70 players he has capped. Most got a few caps and were discarded e.g. diack, ah you, white, roux

So of those about 6 ‘material’ project players. Three of whom are going to RWC

So you’re just going to continue to dodge the question so. It was a simple enough query as to whether it was an IRFU policy. Fair enough so.

Fellas being driven demented at this hour of the morning by rubby and joe schmidt and poor devin toner a fella they wouldnt recognize if he walked in the door on them

50 percent? Are you having a laugh?

I answered that question for you. Read back. Stop typing and frothing for a minute and read.

Here you go @glasagusban

Can you give some examples here? No project player will starting bar bundee.