Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

1.01 glas doesnā€™t post on this thread. 50 percent of the caps went to project players apparently :smiley:

Only Stander, Roux and Aki have played a significant number of games Iā€™d say where thereā€™s a discussion about whether there is a better Irish player in their position and Aki has been out of the team when Ringrose and Henshaw were fit and available and Roux only got in when there was a rake of injuries. I donā€™t agree with Kleyn being picked but more based on the fact that I donā€™t think heā€™s that good. @glasagusbanā€™s two big claims this morning that Schmidt always picked project players over Irish and 50% of new caps being project players are so obviously bullshit itā€™s hard to tell if he is wumming or not.

Sort of a rugby equivalent of Joe McKenna from Shinrone in Offaly lining out in an All Ireland Final for Limerick after he had taken up residence in Limerick or Mossie Carroll lining out for Tipperary against Limerick in the Munster Championship a few months after he lined out for Limerick in an All Ireland Final?

Id say roux has less than 10 caps

Payne til the head knock.

1 Like

Agreed

Good point.

I was trying to throw him some crumbs.

1 Like

Always the gent

1 Like

You didnā€™t answer the question, you answered a different question. It was a simple enough one. Fair enough if you want to dodge it but donā€™t pretend that you answered it.

Hello pot meet kettle

1 Like

Read my post. At one point, I think itā€™s about two years ago now, 50% of new caps given out by Schmidt were to project players.

Iā€™m sure that percentage has moved since but itā€™s still astounding.

I didnt i clearly said it was IRFU policy to sign players who could qualify for Ireland over players who couldnt

2 years ago Aki and Kleyn hadnt been capped so the numbers should be adjusted to 7 projects out of 60 new caps

Thats 11.6% for anyone without a calculator handy

Facts and figures have no place in this debate, bucko.

1 Like

So astounding it seems like a figure just pulled out of your arse and not based on any figment of truth.

1 Like

Apologies pal. But @glasagusban was so insistent I felt it had to be done.

Maybe I am wrong though and missed 30 odd project players in my count?

1 Like

A failed experiment at the cost of Irish players livelihoods. Disgraceful.

A perfect example of a mercenary taking a provincial spot and squad place over an Irish born player.