Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Listening to the media this week you would swear big Dev was up there with Johnno, John Eales, Mark Andrews and Iain Jones in terms of second row greats. A useful beanpole is all I ever classed him as.

1 Like

One thing you need to remember . In Ireland absence adds at least 50% to a sportspersonā€™s ability .

3 Likes

Yeah but he is a great long stick to beat Irish rugby with. Thatā€™s all that matters.

1 Like

The so-called ā€œBill Cooper Effectā€

6 Likes

A fit Big Dev would be an addition to the Ireland squad. Sadly over the last 9-10 months, heā€™s been a shell of the player he was, with an accumulation of injuries.

1 Like

At 6ā€™10, his only logical move now is to the world of grass court tennis

12 Likes

The giraffe myth and grass court tennis has been well and truly debunked.

You have been watching Leinster closely?

I for a long time thought toners talent was being tall, but the past two years he was the mainstay of that pack, and had improved beyond recognition. I think heā€™s been shabbily treated here, worse again to be dropped for a foreign mercenary.

2 Likes

Hes barely played in 2019

Franno just highlighting on the Last Word there how Ireland are already taking 5 players with varying levels of injury clouds hanging over them. As you said, you just couldnā€™t take Big Dev whoā€™s barely played in 2019.

Past two years mate 2017 - 18

Ah ok. So disregarding his most recent injury blighted year. Makes sense I guess for a 33 year old player in a physical sport

If youā€™re happy basking in some bizarre reflection of a team constructed with mercenary foreigners, good enough mate. Iā€™d have picked toner any day of the week. Did the South African lad play against England?

1 Like

Chester William, fourth member of South Africa World Cup winning XV from 1995 to pass away, aged 49. Heart attack.

RIP

1 Like

Very sad news. Chester was a great example of how rugby unites people, his family were inspired to pick up the oval ball in 1981 by the visiting Irish team. R.I.P.

4 Likes

He was an icon to the blacks in 95.

Strawman alert. At no point have I endorsed the selection of Kleyn. Id have picked Toner too. But there are plenty valid reasons not to

But you arent really interested in anything other than frothing about project players

Errol Tobias was the first black player to play for the Springboks in that 1981 series against Ireland. Testament as well to the unseen work that the likes of Slatts did in the townships on British Lions tours.

4 Likes