Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

From what Iā€™d told Iā€™d be expecting a big Ireland performance tomorrow. They have eased off hugely in the fitness training in the past few days. Their whole pre season is about peaking for that 1/4 and nothing else. Toner is injured and thatā€™s why he isnā€™t traveling. It was case of toner/ruddock more than toner/Kleyn or toner/Beirne. Iā€™d be very confident of making a semi final at least. Boks are stalling. Wonder will they dodge the all blacks in the group stage. Unlikely I guess.

Lots of talk about no zebo but olding, Jackson and Ryan is also huge. I donā€™t get why schidmt never gave stocdale a run at 15. Earls and Conway probably should be our wingers. Seems so odd he tried henshaw there. Like a decision was made to throw the game v England. I also had a good look at our results over this World Cup cycle. Test tour wins in oz and South Africa plus 2 wins v nz and a grand slam. Seriously impressive and imo we are being seriously underrated. Our bench of maybe kilcoyne, Cronin, porter, Beirne, Conan, McGrath, carberry and larmour will turn games inside out. Iā€™m getting more and more positive.

1 Like

Solely because hes such a threat on the wing id say. He will end up at 15. He was unreal there at U20 level

Does he have the fielding and positional skills to play 15 . I would doubt it .

I know but if they were Willing to look at henshaw and his defense is so poor.

Full back is the only position on the pitch you can get away with poor defending, its about tackling and not defending

1 Like

Hed be fine with time. He has played a bit there for Ulster. What youd lose in that would be gained in other facets. We will be the only team with any design on the QFs who will be playing a defensive full back

Kearney is far from defensive. The further teams go in the competition the more theyā€™ll start to kick. If you kick the ball to Kearney you are giving us possession. Heā€™s absolutely outstanding attacking our kicks too as is stocdale And earls. Ireland since the nz game in 2018 have stopped kicking the ball for whatever reason. Ireland are holding a little back.

Ah shtap

Name a better player attacking a box kick. Heā€™s absolutely unreal in the air. Totally dominant.

He wouldnā€™t attack his dinner

1 Like

Liam Williamsā€¦how many more do you want

Take Kearney any day of the week. Kearney makes teams think. If we kick we lose the ball. That isnā€™t a defensive selection. Once you get into the 1/4 finals itā€™s the teams making the least mistakes thatā€™ll win.

Ah shtap. Kearney himself would pick Liam Williams before him Id say. Williams is one of the top back 3 players in the world. Kearney is solid enough and good at catchingā€¦not so good at the other stuff

Youā€™ll have some amount of splinters up your hole if you stay up on that fence any longer.

Had to be on some serious juice that team. Too coincidental

2 Likes

Heā€™s been rammed by that Schmidt cunt

The captain came out after and said they were on pills before during and after matches.

The 1995 World Cup winning team seems cursed

1 Like

Real end of an era stuff at Lansdowne Road today as the home faithful say goodbye for the last time to Irelandā€™s most successful and greatest ever coach and captain, Coach Schmidt and Rory Best.

3 Likes