Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Fair dues.

I got that spectacularly wrong.

:joy:

1 Like

You should dig in here in classic tfk fashion, change the parameters and debate it for the day :joy:

1 Like

Yes I will downgrade those victories. Time of season, non competitive games.

Good to win but the cheerleading and hype out of the likes of you for pretty basic wins is sad.

Thereā€™s more sweeping being done here than in a Derek McGrath coached hurling team.

An absolute tour de France from @glasagusban

1 Like

Pretty basic wins no other Ireland manager achieved on a consistent basis.

:smile:

Just walking around the streets of limerick. The place is covered in green flags. Wonderful to see.

1 Like

Like winning the National League in Hurling when the majority of Counties donā€™t take the Competition seriously.

Pretty much exactly like that, yes.

Mmmmhhhh

Wins no other manager achieved at all. It was a monkey on the back. It was a good achievement. It still shouldnā€™t be overstated.

How many players played at the 07 World Cup are playing at this one? I can think of two.

Fran steyn

Like Limerick winning an AI in 2018? Galway fucked after 3 years non stop hurling, Cork team with 16 man panel, Tipp in meltdown, KK in transition and so on?

Iā€™m failing to understand your argument here?

Did Kiely fail to get his team ready for the Big prize this year? An absolute failure in reality like Joes failure at the last WC?

I can think of 3.

Evidently.

2 Likes

Kiely got to a semi final this year. Schmidt wouldnā€™t know anything about getting that far in a World Cup

Winning the main tournament in one campaign and getting to a semi final in the next - if Schmidt had a record like that the comparison would be justified.

Of course itā€™s a target but itā€™s not the only target.

I think that having been to two world cups then getting past the last 8 in one of them is a very modest target. I donā€™t see why Iā€™m getting a lambasting from the rubby crowd for questioning their narrative and holding the team up to a modest measure of success that actually provides proper context.

By the way I hope Ireland win the fucking thing.