Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Is Ian Foster not the front runner if Hansen goes? Gatland is off to the Chiefs so it’ll be interesting what Joe does. I doubt New Zealand will throw him straight in the national team structure

We’d love to debate rugby with you but all you want to talk about is the media attitude toward Joe Schmidt and project players

Neither are of any interest to me. I don’t see any detailed argument against his record apart from some tabloid type stuff about if he doesnt get to the WC final hes a failure

Who’s giving him that?

Again. Its a media issue you have not a rugby issue. Wrong thread I think

Weirdly, I actually think we’re a better chance of beating ABs on our and their current form than the Boks. Weakest ABs team to head to a world cup while the Boks on the up and would fucking monster our pack.

Again with the media issue. Are the media represented on here that I’m not aware of?

I’d say there’s a dozen. Can only think of one from 2003 though.

Who was there from 03? Besty, steyn and Adam Ashley cooper.

Parisse.

The big stage is the Championship. The Championship and British Lions tours are the biggest events in international rugby. Coach Schmidt hasn’t coached the British Lions (yet) but he’s delivered in spades in the Championship.

After 45 attempts

2 Likes

South Africa beat Ireland’s pool opponents Japan 41-7 last night. Revenge for Brighton.

1 Like

You can only measure test matches as such when Ireland win them. When they get record defeats to England (how many times have Ireland played England? Over a hundred and this was the biggest defeat ever) you have to brush them aside.

The heroic failure to get past the last 8 in an 8 team tournament will be excused once again because the rubby set know they’ll be feeling all warm in 2 years time when they beat a tired/disinterested Aus/Sa/NZ in a frien…sorry test match and the whole cycle of hype can begin again.

3 Likes

Reinforces what we have been saying all along @GeoffreyBoycott. The Saffers a force to be reckoned with. The every 4 years rubby crew on here wont hear of it though

“Sure we bate them last year we will bate them next time too”

"Anything less than viictory is a failure "

Real tabloid views

Japan dominated possession and territory. We’ll have a tough time against them.

Lovely whiff of lads settling in for a long day at the keyboard off this thread this morning. :popcorn:

Who’s calling Schmidt the greatest coach in the world anyways?

1 Like

Glas read it somewhere (he hasnt said where) and feels that it is a stick to be used against Schmidt and Irish rugby. I certainly dont think he is the best coach in the world, and I doubt Joe does either

Four replies quoting me in a row and none of them addressing anything being discussed.

Apparently it’s all the media now and you’re conveniently ignoring the lambasting I’ve gotten for daring to suggest that Ireland should be expected to go past the last 8 in an 8 team tournament.

The rugby crowd refuse to be measured by any target they might fail to reach. They’re worse than the civil service.

4 Likes

Blindly yes, but given the draw, no.

England beat the shit out of us, two weeks ago. Get your head out of the fog