Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Ah stop it now. They are in the weakest pool of all time.

When you start giving some rugby related reasons for your arguments than the emotional tabloid related anti media rants people might engage you in a serious manner. I haven’t forgotten your lies here during the week about 50% of Schmidt’s caps being foreigners. I suspect you might be rabble rousing

Im sorry but that is wrong. Only tournanent that matters is world cup. Failure to get beyond last 8 will be an abject failure of his reign imho. All these 6 nations are meaningless in the greater scheme.

4 Likes

You’d be a fool to read anything into warm up games.

Incorrect. Irish rugby survives off the six nations performances. Provinces included in that. You have no chance in a World Cup if you haven’t been beating nz, oz and South Africa regularly in the four years leading up to it. Look at England between 99 to 03.

Because it keeps failing at world cups?

1 Like

Our front row is shite, Healy and best past it, second row average, back row are good players but too small for the likes of South Africa and Nz, Murray is playing shite, sexton and jc are coming back off an injury, henshaw also, Kearney too old, earls is our best player. Our lineouts are a mess, confidence is gone, suffered our biggest defeat to England two weeks ago. Its worrying times. I wouldn’t be surprised if fucking Scotland bate us.

The pool isn’t the problem. If they don’t get out of that pool it would be an unmitigated disaster, without question. Beating SA or NZ in a quarter final is a different matter entirely.

No because the six nations is worth a fortune to the irfu. World Cup is once off every four years.

Really? So if Ireland fails to get beyond quarters yet again with arguably the best squad they have ever had, then JS’s reign will be deemed a success? Go away out of that.

1 Like

You said the six nations is meaningless. It isn’t. The irfu make a packet off the six nation performances and that money is used to fund the four provinces. Defining a 6 year coaching on the basis of a 1/4 final is just stupid.

I said meaningless in context of world cup.

It will be a massive blot on his record. But it won’t render everything else meaningless either as some claim

1 Like

Like Munster & National League titles?

1 Like

I know and this bizarre line being rolled out about making a semi final or final. If we beat Scotland in a World Cup 1/4 final and qualified for a semi final would that make schidmts coaching tenure a success? Bizarre.

It could be argued that you don’t understand the mindset of rugby supporters with that opinion, like the regular hilarious quip about ‘friendly’ games,
The World Cup is all that matters to a lot of people because it apes the soccer crowd, the six nations is a big deal to rugger heads, it’s has history, it’s not that long who they it was all we knew (admittedly as the five nations and probably 4 nations)

1 Like

You can be sure of one thing, it wouldn’t count for much on TFK anyway

1 Like

Is kloops Liverpool’s career a failure if he doesn’t win a league?

1 Like

So when IRFU appoints someone, six nations performances are deemed to have a higher currency than world cup performances?

For an organisation that is lauded for its structures and professionalism, I am having a hard time getting my head around that.

1 Like

Which is both untrue and utterly irrelevant.

1 Like