Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Yes because of the money. Eddie o Sullivan and Declan kidney ,lost their jobs after bad six nations.

I didnt say that at all.

But the 6N is massively important to the IRFU because it funds the entire sport in the country. Past coaches have often bemoaned the fact that they cant be used for experimentation as much as they would like for that exact reason

1 Like

@anon32894817 is not arguing that, his point is is solely about financials.

Tracksuit pants has a point here. A large number of rugby people would consider the Leinster schools final more important the rugby World Cup final.

Sorry mate, I really need to read some posts, when I have hundreds unread I just jump in at the last one

Ah come on now.

A neighbor of mine will be playing junior cup rubby this year, That is of infinite more interest to me than the World Cup final

Thatā€™s harsh on big rugby man @anon32894817

Kiely won his province and got to a semi finalā€¦ Schmidt realisticallu only has to win 2 games to get to a semi final

1 Like

Anyway my own personal opinion is schidmt is probably a victim off his success from Leinster and Ireland in many ways. He took over a team falling slowly apart. Dealt with two of our greatest ever players retiring and losing zebo, Jackson, olding and Ryan really well not to mind the likes of Payne and headlip. Pretty much rebuilt the squad and changed our mentality where we now expect to beat the boks, the aussies and Nz. No other Ireland coach achieved this. Heā€™s also moved away from the core group and designed a system multiple players can come in and play with minimal fuss which in turn means we arenā€™t too reliant on any one player like before. I donā€™t really buy into this if we get to a semi final his tenure is a success and if he doesnā€™t itā€™s a failure. If drew scotland in a 1/4 final and win and then get hammered by nz in a semi final itā€™s not a success. We could play a great game and lose by a point v NZ in 1/4. Im really confident well get to the final. Not sure After that. Overall schidmt has ticked so many boxes no other Ireland manger has and changed Ireland rugby for the good imo heā€™s been a success. Heā€™s leaving the job in a much better place than he took it over too. I will also add Andy Farrell will be a huge failure and Iā€™m deeply worried for our future.

1 Like

The World Cup is a gimmicky tournament thatā€™s only been around since 1987. The Championship has been there since 1883. Itā€™s the big one.

2 Likes

If Ireland win the rugby World Cup do think Rory best could be knighted?

Ya apart from that opinion you have the rest of what I said is correct about the players. Carrying injuries and players like best, the fucking captain of Ireland. This can go south very quickly, the manager announced his leaving after it. Its as bad it gets preparation wise. so I guess itā€™s all done from the back pitch of Carlton house. Canā€™t wait to buy the dvd.

You would expect players to retire over the course of his career, heā€™s been there a long time. He didnā€™t lose Ryan, he discarded Ryan. He wouldnā€™t play zebo most of the time when he had him, and if he wanted he could still select him.
Jackson completely replaceable. olding :smile:

What a meaningless list.

1 Like

How did he disregard Ryan? And he played zebo pretty much all the the time?

Obsessed.

Jackson could easily be starting now if he stayed. Olding is quality and would be ahead of Farrell.

Stop now

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: do you actually believe this?

Youā€™d be hard pressed to find a weaker pool. Ireland are a weak top seed and Scotland are barely ever top 8. A couple of other teams then that we should expect to beat.

If you want to argue that we got a tough quarter final draw it might have some merit. But generally you donā€™t progress in a competition without beating at least one good team, so to be honest thatā€™s nonsense too.

Last world cup we had a relatively handy pool which we made a big job of followed by an quarter we would expect to win 8 times out of 10. Apparently the pool was so ā€œattritionalā€ it took it out of us for the Argentina game.

This time our pool is hardly that difficult/"attritional but we have a challenging game after it. You canā€™t have it every way.

Thereā€™s always an excuse with the rugby crowd. They want a handy pool and a handy quarter final and they donā€™t want to be judged by world cup.