Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

I see Joe is gonna play injured players this weekend. Heā€™s told Kearney and Earls to suck it up and go in corner forward.

They might as well. He deffo wont need them next season

Are there more project players on the way?

The ā€œproject masterā€ is going ā€˜homeā€™ to New Zealand.

I believe heā€™s not now. Expect him to take up the England job in a few months.

The Irish group is laughable ā€¦ Russia, the Japs and the Scotch :joy:

Itā€™s hard to see anything other than a New Zealand-South Africa final unless the Qantas Wallabies can rise to the occasion

Englandā€™s fixture schedule is a disaster for them

I think the quarter-finals will be

England v Wales
NZ v Ireland
Qantas Wallabies v Argentina
South Africa v Scotland

with the semis being

Wales v NZ
Qantas Wallabies v South Africa

1 Like

And the rubby crowd are afraid of a last 4 target :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

And they the number wan team in the world

All well and good doing it in tists, but Ireland have traditionally shit the pot on the biggest stage.

Ireland will get to a semi final.

Its the least youā€™d expect from the top ranking team in the world I suppose.

Iā€™d go
England v Australia
New Zealand v Japan
Wales v Argentina
Ireland v South Africa

Aus v NZ
Wales v Ire

Nz v Ire

Nz

Great to see the rubby chat ramping up here. The once every 4 years crowd still showing signs of overconfidence

Reminds me of when ireland had Croatia first in the euros and the hype machine had us winning the group and handily disposing of croatia. We all know what happened next

I just hope that the headlines on Monday wont be about the Irish fans having stayed in their seats for 2 hours after the final whistle and winning the singing competition

5 Likes

They should just put the Connacht team out for those matches. Obviously without Bundee Aki seeing as he isnā€™t Iirsh but u know what I mean.

Who are these guys?

I find it very difficult to see that Ireland team beat NZ or SA

They are severely weakened in the back row, have an old man at hooker, and will be destroyed in the last 20 minutes

The physical strength of those SA players is frightening

I believe weā€™re starting with a back three of Stockdale at full back and Larmour and Conway on the wings against the Scotch

That does not inspire confidence

Irelandā€™s only hope really is that they have got their bad performances and the expectation out of the way and somehow play their way into form at exactly the right time like England did in 2003 and 2007, or the Qantas Wallabies last time

But weā€™ve never done that in the past, unless you count 1991, which we lost anyway

Thats a harsh assessment of the Irish rugby team! Pity the once in 4 years never coincides with the World Cup

3 Likes

Youā€™re at the top of the list anyway

Does anybody know what CJ Stander offers on a pitch these days

From my cursory reading of things, heā€™s possibly the worst number 8 of any of the teams expected to reach the quarter-finals

I think to myself of some of the great number eights weā€™ve seen at World Cups like Dallaglio, Jerry Collins (RIP), Harinordoquy, Kieran Read etc., and this guy isnā€™t on the same planet in rugby terms

Would more regular rugby watchers agree, I wonder