Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Have you tried prune juice?

Ireland will reach final . The springboks will be done for juicing .

Heā€™s South African, which is the main thing for schmidt.

1 Like

Disappointing to see poor attempts at smartarsery like this

Can we please keep this to rugby discussion

What does Stander offer

Heā€™s slow, cumbersome, does not cover much ground and his basic footballing skills are poor

I think and hope Jack Conan will play his way into that team

I would anyway

4th in the 2011 World Cup after finishing runner up in the pool and losing to a shit French team in the semi final wasnā€™t viewed as a big deal in Wales.

Under the stewardship of Tony Gray in 1987, Wales won their pool and finished 3rd in the tournament.

I understand your thinking. My optimism is based on Schmidtā€™s ability to target a specific game, something he has proved remarkably good at. Winning a few weeks in a row would be my worry. I think weā€™ll have enough to beat Scotland by being dour as fuck and playing massive possession and our pack being better and stronger than them.
Weā€™ll either lose to Japan or just squeeze past. Flip a coin. Iā€™m hoping for squeezing past. At that stage weā€™ll have a couple of weeks to swap players and should be refreshed for the quarters, probably against NZ. Again, I think he plays possession but this time with a high tempo in an attempt to have the giants gassed by 60 mins, when we get by them.
After that. Whoever plays us should beat us but if itā€™s Wales, youā€™d give us a 50/50 squeak in that we should have their number. Thereā€™s my hopes anyway.

Heā€™d the best game in two years last week. Victim of selection.

Thereā€™s a prediction league running in work for it - Iā€™ve gone for France over Argentina and the Japs over the Scotch for a bit of interest - have the same semis & final pairings as yourself, Iā€™m going for the Saffers at this early stage.

Iā€™d very surprised if Ireland donā€™t make the semi finals. I think weā€™ll get some luck with injuries this time around. Schdimt is the best coach in the comp by a distance and heā€™ll have 3 full weeks to plot the downfall of either South Africa or nz.

1 Like

Jerry Collins (RIP) was more of a blindside flanker. He was only ever a makeshift option when he played at Number 8.

Jack Conan would be a better option at Number 8.

If Conan starts it takes the target off standers back. Heā€™s too easily nullified when Pom and JVF start as heā€™s the only option to carry. He was also knackered after the lions tour. Irelandā€™s lions from 2017 were McGrath, sob, Pom, furlong, Murray, Sexton and stander. Bar furlong theyā€™ve all had serious drops off in form or injuries over the last two seasons.

British Lions tours are the pinnacle in international rugby. All the more so when its the now 12 yearly tour to New Zealand.

1 Like

Should we get a few Welch project players in to give us a better chance of winning a knockout match? Obviously too late this time around but next time.

Joe is a one trick pony and everyone knowā€™s his trick now

1 Like

That just isnā€™t true. People are reading far too much into this years six nations. Since the full time whistle was blown in the New Zealand game last year everything is building around the World Cup. We basically stopped playing for the last 10 months. I rewatched the England game in the six nations and itā€™s mental how Ireland played. They gave teams nothing. I think weā€™ll need a bit of luck with injuries in the back line but Ireland are in a very good place. Weā€™ve nearly two teams to play two different styles too. Schidmt will pull this off I think.

Maybe but itā€™s come at the cost of McGrath and Sean o brien.

Heā€™ll pull off what exactly?

Winning the World Cup.

Schmidtball.

1 Like