Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Can you all just relax and get behind the team. We are all Irish.

I just wish the Irish team were.

You keep setting them up mateā€¦

1 Like

France backers sign in

Stockdale, Larmour and Conway is the back 3 alright. But ye have the fullback wrong from what Iā€™m hearing.

Have ye a man inside the camp or what?

Andy Farrell says no decision made on earls and Kearney in the presser. It would be odd to pick stocdale at full back.

Why did you say on so?

It was an error. Everyone makes mistakes. Calm down.

I hope you donā€™t play poker

The Vunipolas grew up in Wales just outside Pontypool.

Is it just the 27 of the squad of 31 that Ireland have brought to Japan that were born in Ireland?

I think its 27 of the New Zealand squad of 31 that were born in New Zealand, which would be the same number of players in the New Zealand squad born in New Zealand as Ireland have brought that were brought in Ireland - Sevu Reece was born in Fiji. Shannon Frizzell and Ofa Tuā€™ungafasi were born in Tonga and Nepo Laulala was born in Samoa.

Would you ever post up a breakdown of the numbers on that statistic you threw out there about more New Zealand born players in the World Cup than players born in Ireland, Wales and Scotland combined. Maybe a list of all the players as well.

So weā€™ve the number 1 rugby team in the world and the number 1 set of soccer fans in the wuddled.

Have you an issue with accents or a personā€™s class?

Id be interested in this as well. Its a fascinating bit of trivia

Yes and no

I make it that Ireland and New Zealand have the same number of players born in Ireland and New Zealand - 27.

Just glancing at the Wales squad there, Hadleigh Parkes was born in New Zealand. Outside of that, thereā€™s a handful born in England, rest were born in Wales. Players born in England would have been born there to Welsh families because of economic and working circumstances - Aaron Shingler was born in Aldershot. Aldershot is Army headquarters in the UK. Think Shinglerā€™s father is an army man. Hallam Amos was born in England, when his parents who are doctors were stationed there. Ross Moriarty is the son of former Welsh international from the 1980ā€™s Paul Moriarty. Ross was born in St Helens. His father like a lot of Welsh rugby players went North in the 1980ā€™s to play rugby league when the steel industry collapsed in the Valleys. Probably 25, maybe 26 of the Welsh squad born in Wales.

Scotland do have maybe 6 players born in the Southern Hemisphere. Ryan Wilson was also born in Aldershot as well to an army family and I think Hamish Watson was born in England to a Scottish family. If at a conservative estimate, we said 22 of the Scotland squad born in Scotland, 25 of the Wales squad born in Wales and 27 of the Ireland squad born in Ireland - thatā€™s 74 players.

I make it 27 of the New Zealand squad born in New Zealand. So @Halfpipe is claiming that thereā€™s in or around 48 players born in New Zealand playing for teams other than New Zealand in the World Cup. As you said its a fascinating bit of trivia.

I think itā€™s because Wales & Scotland arenā€™t countries

Depends what period of growing you are talking about, or are you saying they had finished growing at the age of 11? As you see below, itā€™s a bit different to ā€˜Shannonā€™sā€™ CJ Stander

My interpretation of what @Halfpipe said was, there will be more players at this World Cup born in New Zealand, than born in Ireland, Wales and Scotland combined. Donā€™t see how the sovereign status or otherwise of Wales or Scotland comes into it. This is what @Halfpipe said.

I presume Argentina will beat France?

1 Like