Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

The hurling canā€™t start quick enough

4 Likes

Here you go mate.

Itā€™s only the 10 ā€œtier oneā€ countries covered but it should give us an indication.

Scotland will field 14(!!!), Wales 8 and Ireland 5 foreign born players.

So that means 27 of their 93 players, will be foreign born so 66 is the target to beat.

The top 10 countries (ex NZ) will field 13 NZ players.
NZ will field 27.

So we are at 40.

So 26 to go from the other 10.

This is assuming no Irish, Welsh or Scotch line out for any other country

2 Likes

I prefer not to make any payments to Borisā€™s propaganda paper, are you telling me the Vunipolas didnā€™t live in Gloucester, play with Thornbury and go to school in Millfield and Harrow? Is that BBC piece all wrong?

A few oirish on team usa is there not.

These are the handsā€¦ In the side of the ruckā€¦ That built amerrrrica

2 Likes

Some dramatic revelations in that piece. 8 is seemingly almost half of 31 and England is overseas/foreign from Wales.

Something like 17 NZ born players with Tonga, 15 with Samoa, 5 with Japan. I think itā€™s 81 NZ born players in total at this world cup. 12 of the 20 teams at the world cup have players born in NZ.

Amazingly the stat is true mate.

The Samoans (17 NZ) and Tongans (14 NZ) did you in.

The Samoans, Tongans & NZ team make 58 on their own so youā€™d be well clear of the 66 by the finish. Even if you included the 4 Orish playing for the yankees

Dylan Fawsitt one of the four tapped up

So half the players at the WC come from NZ?

I had mentioned something similar already. Connacht beat Russia by 30 points in Russia a couple of weeks ago so Connacht would probably be good enough to get out of this ā€œWorldā€ Cup group.

There are more New Zealanders playing for Samoa and Tonga than there are for NZ

1 Like

He should plug a hole in the scrum.

@GeoffreyBoycott has been triggered

1 Like

There is at least 2 irish born in usa squad and at least 1 in canada squad without thinking too hard about it

Red Alert ā€¦ repeat ā€¦ Red Alert.

Already covered mate. Ye are sunk and @Halfpipe is vindicated

1 Like

They must be using glas calculator which wad proven to ve v faulty a few weeks back

Some real eye opening stuff here on international rugby for the lads who only take an interest every 4 years. Itā€™s lovely to see Dan and Gilgamboa having such a thirst for information though so they can really get into the tournament, I only made a passing comment and they were battering the keyboards wanting to know more.

2 Likes

Collins played more as a 6 with Big Rodney at 8