Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Sunday will be tough, Scotland are no mugs and near enough the strongest 15 will be needed ā€” after that I think Ireland can make some changes and should be primed for a QF.

ā€˜Project playersā€™ is an IRFU term as far as I know, certainly they are the union who are most shameless around the residency rules by trawling the southern hemisphere throwing money at players to play for the provinces and eventually Ireland. England have players who qualify on residency rules, but none were specifically targeted by the English RFU. They have the Vunipolas and Tuilagi etc but they all moved over with their families and learned to play rugby in England, its entirely different to Irelands mercenaries.
To show how ridiculous it all is, there will be more New Zealand born players at this world cup than players born in Ireland, Scotland and Wales combined.

1 Like

Pal, weā€™ve been over this countless times!! YOUā€™RE!!

For real?

Swear down bruv

1 Like

Thereā€™s a few lads on here whose spelling and grammar goes out the window when they get riled up. Itā€™s like a tell. I hope none of them play poker.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the angry puffy red cheeks would be another tell.

about fellas spelling going haywire when rattled

You might explain what the ā€œnumber on teamā€ means

1 Like

One (1). It means one. Iā€™d say most people got that.

Can you all just relax and get behind the team. We are all Irish.

I just wish the Irish team were.

You keep setting them up mateā€¦

1 Like

France backers sign in

Stockdale, Larmour and Conway is the back 3 alright. But ye have the fullback wrong from what Iā€™m hearing.

Have ye a man inside the camp or what?

Andy Farrell says no decision made on earls and Kearney in the presser. It would be odd to pick stocdale at full back.

Why did you say on so?

It was an error. Everyone makes mistakes. Calm down.

I hope you donā€™t play poker

The Vunipolas grew up in Wales just outside Pontypool.

Is it just the 27 of the squad of 31 that Ireland have brought to Japan that were born in Ireland?

I think its 27 of the New Zealand squad of 31 that were born in New Zealand, which would be the same number of players in the New Zealand squad born in New Zealand as Ireland have brought that were brought in Ireland - Sevu Reece was born in Fiji. Shannon Frizzell and Ofa Tuā€™ungafasi were born in Tonga and Nepo Laulala was born in Samoa.

Would you ever post up a breakdown of the numbers on that statistic you threw out there about more New Zealand born players in the World Cup than players born in Ireland, Wales and Scotland combined. Maybe a list of all the players as well.