Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

We’ve been lucky not to have been caught yet with a first 23 player getting injured bar Henshaw twice. That luck will run out the further we advance and we could rue the lack of gametime. It’d be a disaster, for example, if we lost one of Bundee/Ringrose on Saturday after a victory and needed to rely on Henshaw to stay fit (a risk) or bring in McCloskey for a potential World Cup Quarter Final.

Shock alert, injuries a risk to rugby teams!

Fascinating stuff

Tetchy exchange there reflecting the pressure of the week…cool the jets guys

I’m just hitting my straps for Saturday. Glas was drafted in late notice to hold a few tackle bags.

1 Like

It doesnt matter what happens on game day -3 on the paddock, it’s all about hitting your straps and fronting up when you cross the whitewash

5 Likes

How are the vibes ahead of the captain’s run?

Downbeat mood according to Murray
A sadness in the camp

1 Like

Dave Kilcoyne is playing a pivotal role as the squad jester. Lifting the moods of all around him. Mack Hansen a close second.

1 Like

Call him by his proper name you little prick. The Sherriff

1 Like

It really is all to play for.

1 Like

The game that stops a nation

I’d love to toss the World Rankings and create an International Ranfurly Shield.

How would that replace world rankings entirely?

James Ryan an injury doubt now

A loss for sure but a perfect chance to test Henderson. I’d probably have Big Joe Mc on the bench then.

If we win Saturday will we be in the Saturday or Sunday q/f?

Saturday at 8 I think.

If we win that then it’s the following Friday at 8. The final is the Saturday after that at 8.

How big will the hype get if they reach the final? Will we have flags everywhere, kids in school all decked out, songs etc like a soccer world cup?
The ratings for rugby are absolutely massive but it never seems to have near the ‘reach’ or public interest on the ground.
Maybe this would be different

1 Like