Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

No itā€™s Sunday or Saturday Iā€™m sure In Paris

Yeah itā€™s Saturday at 8 if we top the pool. Iā€™m planning a trip with a few friends specifically for the match. We could be watching New Zealand v South Africa in the pub yet though.

2 Likes

If we top the group itā€™s Saturday-friday-saturday for glory. Bonanza for the pubs

1 Like

Big Stu at 23. Fantastic head-coaching.

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually gone from being a big armchair Irish rugby fan up till around 2009ish to being apathetic, to secretly hoping theyā€™d lose, back to apathetic and now Iā€™ve managed to convince myself Iā€™m for them again. I put a big bet (for me) on them to sweeten the deal.
Where do most tfkers stand?

• Hope they win it
  • Genuinely donā€™t care
  • Would really rather they didnā€™t
0 voters

You canā€™t have a no. 1 with such a shield though I suppose you could just push everyone down a place if it changed hands.

So you turned off then the year they won the Grand Slam for the first time in decades and the general public went mad for them?

IMG_5885

2 Likes

The big rumour is that if Ireland win Saturday thatā€™d be Henshaw sent home so DJ Proper Church can be recalled. Itā€™d make sense.

1 Like

Jack Cowan on the bench is great to see. Ryan on the subs, interesting that he is fit enough for 20 mins but not to start? Happy for McCloskey too.

That and munster winning the heino were the end of an era rather than the start imo. Donā€™t think itā€™s ever reached popularity of the 2000s again.

1 Like

If?
We will bate them out the gate.

2 Likes

Thankfully our Centenary Quaich trophy is not on the line this weekend.

1 Like

Would they not play this match as an opener to the Hurling-Shinty international? Seems like a missed opportunity.

Just noticed that the Big Cheese has been dropped to the bench. Must have taken some of the flak for the line out malfunction the last day.

Faz and Pauline have laid down the gauntlet to the Big Cheese
He will be like a man possessed when he replaces Hendo after 50mins

1 Like

Injured

Love to see Ireland win it because itā€™s Ireland and for Farrellā€™s attitude and the likes of Sexton but I do struggle with nonsense spoke about the sport in general by a lot of fans . As a sport I dont see it as evolving , in fact itā€™s more like Ancient Rome and the colosseum with people watching on as lads try to kill each other.

Nah, just look at the SA game. They are Irelandā€™s team of choice.

You have to big up the opposition for the Irish rugby team, apparently.