Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Fantastic news. Arenā€™t we lucky to have posters so entwined with the higher echelons of Irish rugby that we get access to this sort of info earlier than the general masses.

5 Likes

That business trip to London has paid dividends already

2 Likes

Team is in and complete vindication for @Bandage as Hansen is named to start

12 Likes

Interesting that they went with McCarthy on the bench

Offers more ballast than Baird.

3 Likes

No Earls.

Weā€™re about to break the cycle guys

That is a serious serious statement of intent from Fazzer.

1 Like

Despite my retirement ambitions, I closed a BIG BUSINESS DEAL this morning at 8.45am (Morton Stadium time) & it came up in the small talk afterwards. Naturally enough I canā€™t reveal my sources & will have veritable egg on my face if Hansen is a subsequent late withdrawal. Letā€™s keep our collective eyes on the captainā€™s run on Friday.

11 Likes

The rubby gods might have finally removed the ballast obstacles from our Quarter Final ambitions

Ireland 25-20 NZ

Beirne and Hendo both can play the hybrid role that Baird does ā€¦McCarthy is a massive lump Iā€™d say youā€™d put on with bealham to support his scrummaging

3 Likes

Iā€™d take that

1 Like

Yeah - when you put it like that it makes sense. McCarthy still a bit raw for such a massive game but to be fair to Farrell he rarely gets these kind of calls wrong.

Christ - Iā€™m giddy/nervous already and thereā€™s 4 days to go. Biggest game ever for Irish rugby?

3 Likes

I think it is the biggest, get through this and then itā€™s Wales or Argentina and a serious chance of making the final. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Defo. An Irish team playing with such flair and belief in any sport is a rarity. To beat the traditional kingpins and banish the World Cup 1/4 final hoodoo would be absolutely massive .

2 Likes

Have ireland ever qualified for the quarter top of the group before?

Yep, in 2011.

2015 as well?

Yep

Itā€™s a big game alrightā€¦but in the pro era would we really be here if we hadnā€™t won the grand slam 09, Chicago, final NZ test etc .all massive wins that were building blocks to actually fancying our chances against the all blacks in a world cup qf ā€¦so I donā€™t know about biggestā€¦it fells like it now but maybe not

1 Like