Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

I was asking myself this morning was it the biggest game in Irish sport history.

What did you reply?

14 Likes

Well Iā€™m going to say it is on here anyway regardless of what I think because I know itā€™ll annoy people

4 Likes

The Ireland v New Zealand and France v South Africa quarters are de facto semi-finals. The winners of both will be the finalists.

1 Like

Earls and henshaw officially ruled out,

With Jimmy on the bench I reckon Hansen isnā€™t right and theyā€™ll go big Stuart in the centre with ringrose on the wing.

Ireland 23-19 New Zealand*

*Assuming Mack Hansen plays and we donā€™t have to reshuffle.

Iā€™d go.

1- Ireland v italy wc quarter final italia 90 quite simply the highest level achieved by a team in a worthy sport
2- Dublin v Kerry 23 AI final galcticos v muldoon god
3- ireland v Australia in the ladies worls cup just gone.
4 Ireland v New zealand in the rugby.

I will say if they beat NZ the semi would be second place

1 Like

I presume number 3 is a pisstake?

7 Likes

You misogynist cuntā€¦

Bigger than Ireland v England in Euro 88?

Thereā€™s never been a bigger game in Irish sporting history. Anyone saying otherwise doesnā€™t get it.

Ireland v Norn Iron in Windsor would also be top 5.

3 Likes

i presume number 2 is a pisstake?

6 Likes

1980 aif is #1

4 Likes

I presume #4 is a pisstake?

1 Like

The streets were almost completely empty during Ireland Italy in 1990.

Not to piss on the rubby boys chips but rubby fails to capture the imagination like the ROI team too the odd time they are in a big tournament. Pubs thronged at 7 in the morning in 2002, housing estates covered with flags and bunting, the turnouts to welcome the team home in 1990 and 1994 etc. You just donā€™t get that buy in for rubby.

2 Likes

Iā€™d agree with that :100:

The soccer is v easy to follow for everyone with only the few basic skills involved and everyone reckons they could be good enough with a bit of training. The reverse snobbery is a factor as well

The ordinary people of Ireland canā€™t really connect with a team made up of privately educated elite and bangers brought in from abroad.

The three people the ordinary people of Ireland could feel an affinity with are Furlong, Hanson and Farrell.

1 Like

Earlsy kid. Limerick hatred probably prevents that one