Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Thankfully we’ve Aidan o Brien and willie Mullins leading the way in horse racing.

1 Like

Ireland will win the WC 2027.

2 Likes

We won a good few titles at the tae kwon do worlds apparently.

What does that prove?!

Van Der Flier is a handsome divil

Is this at least the best RWC failure? Topped the group, beat the world champions, lost to (almost certain) finalists by a single score.

Tradition is some bastard to break in sport. I’m blessed to have seen Limerick do it.

2 Likes

Johnny has had at least one clanger per match in him for a couple seasons now. Even kicks for touch he’s missed as the wear and tear on the body told

1 Like

Keith earls retiring.

The last link to the 08 Munster Heineken cup win.

Another great career and a great representative for moyross, Limerick, Munster and Ireland.

4 Likes

As they say if he wasn’t playing rugby he would have been out robbing cars :clap:

3 Likes

Dont worry we should definately make the quarter finals in the next World Cup. Chin up.

3 Likes

Always have

You wot?

More than a couple. Like and respect the fella but when it absolutely matters, he will miss more times than he makes the kick.

Got too horney with that maul. Patience was needed and the score would come. Goal line drop outs is a cod of a law

4 Likes

The defence against the Garryowen tonight was deplorable.

1 Like

Too much Rosé

3 Likes

He did his job. I don’t think he was fair to Porter. But nice that you care so much.

Not long more to wait now until we have videos of pissed Paddies drowning their sorrows singing Zombie and Fields of Athenry in some fountain in Paris.

2 Likes

I genuinely thought this was the tournament that would prove the urban middle classes were Irelands chosen people after the bollox of things the urban working classes have made of soccer and the rural types have made of gaa. But the jury is still out.

3 Likes

1991 remains the benchmark. Led the eventual champions in the quarter-final with three minutes left. Brian Robinson tied the then Rugby World Cup record for most tries scored by one player in a single match with four against Zimbabwe, which was the 40th ever Rugby World Cup match.

1991 is also the only time a team who beat Ireland in a Rugby World Cup knockout match went on to win their next match.

2 Likes