Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

I hope to see Oā€™Connell put those talking vegetables feet first into a blender so can see their expression and hear their prolonged screams

6 Likes

When is the Champions Cup starting up again?

They might give usa chance in 2031.

Who have we had come through to become first teamers since 2019? Keenan, Doris, Sheehan and Kelleher. Two of those are in the same position. Hansen and Lowe imported. Thatā€™s it really.

Weā€™ll be losing a lot of players between now and 2027.

You look at things very strangely.

Iā€™d say post 2019 most people thought we were completely screwed. Reality is Farrell sort of patched a team together from nothing.

We are in a much better place now than in 2019.

1 Like

Unless heā€™s playing no 10 I donā€™t see much difference

Strategically we should have stuck to the centre and won forced penalties, we blew a lot of hard earned yards popping Hail Marys to the wing . Taking penalties would have yielded results too.

We need a depth chart. Canā€™t beat an oul depth chart.

4 Likes

Been a bad day for our hemisphere. Hopefully England can change that tomorrow.

Why was the bomb squad not effective tonight?

Savage depth altogether except where it matters at 9 and 10

Eh

Ladies Soccer team running away from South American aggression

Ladies Rugby team :see_no_evil:

Sickening defeat. Itā€™ll be hard to muster up enthusiasm for the remainder of the tournament or even next seasons 6 Nations. Having to wait another 4 years to win a quarter-final feels like an eternity. At least we have a constant flow of talent coming through but tonight was dispiriting. We were just chasing from the off. We can criticise Wayne Barnes but at the same time we let them off the hook for 20 minutes of sin bin time.

2 Likes

Nah, France turned them over at ease and that was the benchmark set.

When you let them bish bosh you continually then at some stage theyā€™ll put the magic together as per tonight.

Iā€™d expect Munster to go close to winning the Heineken cup this season.

Could make it a little interesting.

IMG_6404

1 Like

That sexton kick into the 22 when about three New Zealand lads were covering was just a woeful decision.

1 Like

Ah, no need to be so sanguine chief. This is 1 quarter final loss I donā€™t find too hard to take. Weve barely swung a dig on other occasions. Iā€™ve left grounds after seeing wood holding back tears as France beat us without breaking sweat. That was embarrassing the lack of pride we showed. I left ground in Wales and our bare bones team will beaten. Iā€™ve left Paris and the Argies played us off the pitch. I left wellington and bang average Wales bate us cos we were clane stupid and brainless.

While I wasnt at this one, I leave it thinking we gave it a right good shot, were in the contest right to the end and have no excuses- better team on the day won and thatā€™s where it ends.

Choo Choo, all aboard the flying Fijian and french frog trains!

9 Likes

Strong Kilkenny Limerick 2019 semi-final vibes off this one.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s what I felt exactly pre game.

1 Like

Agreed chalk us down for winning the next 4 WCs

3 Likes