Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Snap printing and nursing care in the home companies, heā€™s a successful businessman not sure where he gets the time for that gig.

Larmour, Stockdale, Carbery.

The Lost Boys.

Ireland always lack a bolter.

Who was the youngest/most inexperienced in current squad? Casey?

Murray was a bolter in 2011.

Looking back here at THE MATCH.

71 minutes was THE CHANCE. Kelleher couldnā€™t get it down. Then Doris knocked on from the drop out. We should have won.

1 Like

Thatā€™s bollox.

2 Likes

Maybe but these are the games you judge players on.

Same with Gibson park.

On the front foot heā€™s excellent but when itā€™s scrappy heā€™s always very average.

Ah would you stop. Gibson Park (including a super try! was not the issue tonight

1 Like

He was fucking useless for the majority of the game.

4 Likes

Earls retired

Thatā€™s a shock, I was fully expecting him to carry on to 2027 as a 39 year old.

2 Likes

Game was lost on the sidelines, and in sextonā€™s head. Sexton and porter should obviously have been pulled, ringrose should have been played wideā€¦oxo

2 Likes

A bit like Eddie jones and England in 2019 Ireland couldnā€™t deal with dinks over the top and grubbers.

An englisher shouldnā€™t have been allowed to ref that game

1 Like

How glib of you

Jameson Glibson park

At the start of the match Porter had his fringe matted down with water. He looked like me on Hill 16 before a Dublin game in the 1998-2007 period, with three to four cans down me pre-match and then washing my hands in the jacks and then furiously drying them on my hair five minutes before throw in.

That wasnā€™t a good omen.

He let us run 15 against 14 for 25% of the game
Tactically we didnā€™t draw NZ into more penalties than we could have.

If someone told you going into the 2007 World cup that it would be at least 20 years before we got past a quarter final you would have thought they were absolutely nuts.

1 Like

What were the breakdown stats?
OTB were at pains to point out when Oā€™Connell joined the ireland set up he found out how Schmidt kept winning the breakdowns v Leinster and Munster and he had it sussed for Ireland now. Didnā€™t look like that tonight

1 Like

I donā€™t know about that