Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Them lads that represented ireland today, they did notbing wrong. They gave all thier fucking souls to win that match. If you cant see that and youā€™re a bigoted prick, youā€™ve no business following ireland in any sport.

10 Likes

My words were probably wrongā€¦ but it standsā€¦those men are fucking irishā€¦

1 Like

I might be. But the limericks are cunts.

Proud of it. Fuck off and come 3rd next year

1 Like

Itā€™s like naming 6 starters for the gold cup next year

No wonder the Oirish lost - cocky fuckers.

Hard not to think that the best recipe for success in the Rugby world cup is not having a cunt of a last group game. Or even two of them after each other. NZ could basically go through the motions after losing the opening game of the tournament to France. Ireland had to break their balls just getting out of the group with their two toughest games up last. Then a week break before the quarter final.

Get the tough games out of the way early and then just get ready for the quarters seems the best option.

3 Likes

Ireland spunk their load winning friendlies and meaningless 5 Nations. Serious teams peak for the knock out stages of the World Cup.

I feel terrible, I clearly jinxed them.

He shifted the ball as quickly as it was available for him. Thatā€™s pretty much his game.

Murray came on and in addition to giving away a crucial stupid penalty was struggling to get to rucks in time by the end

1 Like

Yeah - Iā€™d agree with that with the caveat that Iā€™d say they were the better side on the night. They came with a plan and implemented it well. Still only a score in it. It was a near 50:50 game beforehand and thatā€™s pretty much what played out.

One thing Iā€™d say is Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever seen a NZ team as emotionally up for a game. Ireland have given them a lot of hurt the last few years and that was the response.

3 Likes

Irish Times notices Monday : For sale 4 tickets for both semi finals and 2 tickets for the final.

This is it really, for me the final is tonight as either one of the French or Saffers could well beat that NZ side relatively comfortably.

Sin Ć©

And this, I think, is the nub of it.

1 Like

I used to hate Barnes. My oul fella disliked him so much that an odd international, if Barnes was reffing, he wouldnā€™t go, but heā€™s got a lot better. I thought he did a good job. The result was fair enough, which is all you can ask of a referee, and the AB deserved the win. I actually thought that the first yellow they got was harsh enough. They played quarter of the game a man down, and created far more than we did.
Fcuk. My flight home has just flashed up as cancelled :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeah - I thought it was swings and roundabouts with Barnes. We got a few soft calls and lost some others.

Not sure they created more than us - they were just more clinical in taking their chances while they scrambled in their 22 a couple of times really well to deny us.

1 Like

Much like hurling.

2 Likes

Yes and Ireland are the Wexford of rubby, though in fairness Wexford have one a few

NZ - KK
Australia - Cork
SA - Limerick
Ireland - Tipp
Arg - Clare
Wales - Galway
Japan - Dublin
Fiji - Wexford
Scotland - Waterford
Italy - Westmeath
Samoa - Antrim
Tonga - Offaly