Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

I had to look him up!

I wonder how he got on over?!

He was Director of Rugby at Belvo for years.

Putin plant, infiltrating high faluting Irish society

Paidi Maher coached Thurles CBS last year and he a guard; I think I read that on here anyway

Seems I was very niave in my thinking

1 Like

Probably ā‚¬50k from the school plus whatever else he can get from coaching elsewhere.

I know of a middle of the road rugby school on the southside of Dublin whose budget for rugby in a school year was ā‚¬280k. That was in 2012/13.

Private schools should have all their state funding taken away if they are pissing their money away like this. While at the same time many of these private schools fail to give oay equality to teachers.

6 Likes

Not that much money really for an activity that hundreds would get the benefit of for 8-9 months a year.

Really? Give us a quick idea of the budgets you think schools have for other sports. And any other activities like drama, music, art or the irish language club?

1 Like

He wouldnā€™t come cheap and itā€™s only there for hurling ive very recently learned

Sure Tommy Dunne isnā€™t a teacher. He worked in Intel.

1 Like

That is absolutely insane if true. Im assuming it must have been a donation of some sort Ringfenced for rugby? Thereā€™s no way possible a principal could justify that out of funds.

Donations from the parents surely.

You havenā€™t a clue. Work in a sec school of 700+. Around 450 of the kids engage in 12 competitive sports. Budget for the year is shy of 30k. Over a third of that is fundraised by students. Money goes on admin fees, gear/equipment, laundry but the vast majority on bus hire. Almost 30 teachers engaged with various teams/sports.

Private schools pissing away hundreds of thousands on one sport then, while at the same time recieving state funding. Just leave it now.

15 Likes

Gordon blaming the referee as well. Will we ever grow the fcuk up as a nation? It doesnā€™t appear so. Rubby reflects some of the best, but also some of the worst aspects of the Irish psyche, which is why it tends to polarize a bit.

1 Like

I know fuck all about it, but would have thought the line out would be one of the easier things to sort? You in control of the ball.

ā€œI have sought outside expertiseā€¦ā€

Anyone get a DM? whatā€™s he mean by that? Heā€™s a fucking journo. Surely if he has sought expertise, heā€™s asked the question and got an answer?

We grew up as a nation when we played England in Croke Park in 2007. Remember?

1 Like

Itā€™s slightly organised chaos. There arenā€™t many truly outstanding lineout jumpers about. The French lad is the best I think. You knew it was going to him, but he just won it anyway.

We manured as a nation