Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

He’s been in charge of a defense that has imploded at multiple World Cups. He’s been in 3 WC campaigns where we shat the togs overall. You’re throwing POC under the bus after a couple of years by comparison.

Easterby’s a great man for the unseen work.

5 Likes

A great man to strip off in public too iirc from a Ronan O’ Gara yarn. Or was that Guy Easterby?

The rubby lads love the nudity.

How many tries scored against us? I’d wager the Boks and ABs have had similar or more and they’re in a semi

1 Like

You mean Kidney, Schmidt was coaching Leinster at the time.

4 years to the next 1/4 final appearance.

Will it be 6 months of excuses followed by 3 1/2 years build up of hope leading to expectation leading to outright confidence again?

We are gunning to be ahead for just 1 minute in 2027 if we somehow get through to the quarters.

Line up would be 50/50 with Saturday.

1 Like

Progressive,:+1:

He’s some jonah

3 Likes

Stats on tries conceded/missed tackles aren’t found easily but in terms of tackles made, we weren’t found lacking:

Andy Farrell’s side have won the second-fewest scrums on average (5.3) for a success rate of (90%), while their line out success rate of 81 per cent - they are averaging three line outs lost per game - will raise a few eyebrows. Conversely, New Zealand have the best line out success (98%) of any team in the quarters, losing just one line out throughout the competition so far.

From here

These fall at Easterby’s feet?

Schmidt was already doing damage

Much like his playing days, Simon does a huge amount of unseen work

An lovely

1 Like

Dare we say it, the 4 year cycle?

Jordie Barrett is one big unit

I dunno why you’re saying Easterby can’t be criticised just because O’Connell and I guess Fogarty too, by your logic if we take Porter into account, also exist.

Except for the fact Ireland have never gotten past the quarter final stage in the world cup.

1 Like