Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Apparently Ritalick fed it to O’Mahoney. Well within his rights too and am sure POM recognised that too.

1 Like

I doubt it.

I’d say they’d a fair idea Ireland were an excellent side and recognised that last summer. That loss wouldn’t go down in New Zealand no matter what fellas on here think.

I said as much at the time but New Zealand looked very poor v France but they basically had five weeks to prepare for a q/f that they new would be against either South Africa or Ireland.

They had three weeks to prep for the Irish game once we beat South Africa.

While they were preparing for the 1/4 we were emptying ourselves v South Africa and Scotland. They got a huge insight into our game plan and time to prepare for it.

I think that played a huge part in the result. New Zealand were very unlike their usual selves as they usually play their own style and ignore the opposition which almost always works for them.

When you look at the stats from the game it’s fairly clear schdimt pulled the Irish game plan apart. Ireland only had one scrum put in 80 minutes. New Zealand kicked so often which kept the Irish defence guessing and they forced Ireland to attack out wider which always increases the risk of turn overs.

They done an absolute number on a very good Irish side.

To the victor, the spoils

1 Like

You are trying to make it sound like the small dog ambushed the big dog. This was the worst NZ team in a long time. They were down to 14 for a quarter of the game. They let in two very soft tries and still won.

3 Likes

New Zealand fairly hammered Ireland less than 18 months ago.

New Zealand clearly aren’t at the same levels of 07 to 15 but saying this is the worst New Zealand side in a long time is the same as saying the current Dublin football team is the worst Dublin team in a long time which is true but they are still very good.

New Zealand done an absolute number on Ireland at the weekend but a lot of that was enabled by the set up of the draw.

New Zealand couldn’t have picked a better way to face Ireland.

A lot of new rugby fans like @mikehunt aren’t aware of history of the All Blacks. They’ve had worse periods before.

Being underdogs to Ireland in a World Cup quarter final is pretty low though.

1 Like

They’ve improved significantly too since schdimt got involved and their attitude has changed too.

There wasn’t the usual melodeon post the French loss which you’d expect from them.

It looks to me like they had an 18 month lead into last Saturday and it came off.

That can happen in sport.

I genuinely am enjoying seeing your acerbic wit in full flight Mike. Drive it on

Ireland have stepped up. NZ have had a more mediocre record than this one several times, including the 1970s.

I suggest doing some reading if you’re going to become a full time supporter.

Emptying themselves v Scotland. Who were fucking useless. Rubby crowd Really talked up Scots, and Tonga too, lads on here thought Tonga game could be tricky. Crowley could’ve started at least 2 games. Leaving on Sexton for full NZ game inexcusable, exposing him to all those big meanies after the final whistle

7 Likes

Scotland are the fifth best team in the world.

Sexton hadn’t played in over six months. So he needed a few games.

It was nice of Ioane to wish Jonathan well on his retirement and to remind him not to miss his flight home.

5 Likes

Oirland players sledging in victory: Hilarious
Oirland players getting sledged in defeat: OUTRAGE

5 Likes

There’s hardly people outraged about this?

They were dead right. The Irish lads gloating and sledging in challenge games. They then go out and release a documentary about it.

Of course the All Blacks were putting this stuff on the dressing room wall looking for an edge. Sexton is a proper cunt, well able to give lip but going off crying and moaning when he gets it.

6 Likes

Sextons club finale and international finale both ended with him fucking and blinding at the opposition and referees. A hell of a signing off.

OK, he’s a serious competitor, but this shit of “show me a good loser” is fucking bullshit. You dont have to be a bad loser to be successful, there’s plenty of respected winners out there who could be cunts during the game and leave it behind then and be decent sportsmen once the game ended.

What he done the day of the Heineken Cup Final should have gotten him 12 months.

1 Like