Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

I really hope the OTB and other media fanboys don’t force a push for him to be SOTY. I wouldn’t put it past them at all.

Ah he surely wouldnt be within an asses roar of that?

indeed, he was blessed to have a swansong and not retiring during a ban. he shouldve recognised his blessing and bowed out beaten but unbowed, not a bollix

Tim Duncan

This is such a strange take.

1 Like

Why?

It’s so strange.

I mean in every sport lads dish out and then get it back in spades when they lose.

Anybody who plays or follows sport knows this but when it rugby it becomes a huge massive issue with lads.

sledging is one thing, releasing DVDs of victories in friendlies in another thing altogether

1 Like

I don’t see any issue with it. Test series aren’t considered friendlies in rugby similar in cricket.

1 Like

A DVD highlights package of the Box Office Industries Challenge Match circuit including drone footage provided by Ballygunnar would be an ideal stocking filler @peddlerscross

9 Likes

excluding the new zealand test series, the wins at lansdwone road and chicago were friendlies and they released DVDs

Would many countries release DVDs about Test Series wins?

i doubt any of the serious rugby countries would

The rugby World Cup is around 30 odd years.

Teams have toured in rugby for around 120 years.

Winning a three test tour in New Zealand is surely a bigger achievement than winning a quarter final in a World Cup I’d have thought.

1 Like

Sure it’s hardly uncommon in pro sport to make money.

This is what you’re dealing with lads

6 Likes

aye but its normally through winning trophies and sponsorship

I know it happens in every sport. However the best rise above it.

However in Irish rugby circles when an Irish lads dishes out the sledging he is seen as some kind of legend. Peter O Mahony being a case in point with his “Shit Richie McCaw” comment but now is being protrayed as a poor victim with Retallicks comments about him.

Sexton the same. His cheerleaders playing the victim line about Iaones comment. Not many of them questioning his choke on a straightforward second half kick.

Sexton has spent his whole career goading and haranguing opponents and officials. Playing the crybaby now. He can suck it up all he wants now.

1 Like

The World Cup is the showpiece occassion which gets the all important casual fan market on board; I’d imagine most who were tuning in last Saturday hardly knew Ireland were playing test rugby in New Zealand on Sky Sports on a Saturday morning 18 months ago.

Really?