Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Releasing a DVD was part of the deal of playing a rugby game in Chicago? What would have happened if we’d lost by say 21-9 (score of our game in Dublin that year iirc)? “The day we lost a decent game, New Zealand lowered the blade and Sean O’ Brien got held up on the line”.

2 Likes

Not overly sure but that game was played for the Union to make money as was the dvd.

It seems so strange lads get so upset by it

You do know that different sports have different rules, dont you?

Just take your clamping and move on you clown :rofl:

The lads don’t understand Test Match Rubby.

It would still have sold

A perfect stocking filler for the Hugo in your life.

And gag gift for the @Mark_Renton in your life

Has anyone predicted an Ireland XV for 2027 yet? @gilgamboa @ChairmanDan @Cheasty @Diabhal and @Tim_Riggins may be best placed to piece together a prospective team.

It’s well known that Sexton has always been a cunt. Doesn’t make him any less of a player but he showed his lack of class a number of times through the years. Goading O’Gara, the Heineken cup final this year and Saturday just gone.

3 Likes

It think Ryan McMenamin had Bernard Brogans womans phone number written on his arm one day. The minor game vs Donegal was sledging involving the Donegal captain whose mother had passed away from cancer in the previous months. They were also quite vs Tipp in the under 21 final of 2015 abusing sisters ans girlfriends

1. Paddy McCarthy
  2. Ronan Kelleher
  3. Andrew Porter
  4. Joe McCarthy
  5. James Ryan - Captain
  6. Gleeson
  7. Scott Penny
  8. Doris
  9. Fintan Gunn
  10. Sam Prendergast
  11. Osbourne
  12. Postlethwaite
  13. Ringrose
  14. Hanson
  15. Keenan

Dan Sheehan, Jimmy O’Brien, Doak, Crowley, Baird, Prendergast (Connacht), O’Toole and Steward to be about. There’s quite a few guys who are 30/31 that a few will still be around from (Furlong, Beirne, VdF, McCloskey).

I am missing loads of names. I expect there will be 50+ very strong internationals to pick from in 2027. The future is very very bright for Irish rugby.

That said, this could have been both the best chance for Ireland to both host and win in most our lifetimes.

2 Likes

O’Gara was a prize wanker for years, both boastful and a sore loser.

Don’t forget why Contempomi tried to run over him every game for a reason.

Sexton is a sore loser but he generally wasn’t boastful. O’Mahoney deserved some stick.

Anyway, that’s what it’s all about. You need different personalities.

1 Like

All Blacks most famous one is against the Barbarians, a makey-uppey team, back in 1973. On both video and DVD.

Australia have one when Ella guided them to Grand Slam tour in the 80s

Saffers hold Lions Tours as the highest level of the sport and have boxsets for all tours of what is again a makey-uppey team.

So there is plenty precedence of non-world cup matches that have been set to film.

1 Like

Good question

Keenan
Hansen
Ringrose (c)
Cathal Forde
Paddy Campbell/Osbourne
Sam Prendergast
Matt Devine
Cian Prendergast/James Culhane
Ruadhán Quinn
Gleeson
Darragh Murray
Niall Murray
Tom O’Toole
Dylan Tierney Martin/Tom Stewart
Jack Boyle

I’d still fierce concerned over James Ryan’s and Doris’ concussion bingo card. It’s probably dangerously close to full as things stand. I’ve gone balls to the wall with two sets of brothers as first choicers.

1 Like

He’ll likely be a coach.

I think he should move away for a bit.

1 Like

I’d expect it to be a Munster top heavy team next time around.

I see young Prendergast is the new Harry Byrne.

He will end up going nowhere.

1 Like

The 1984 Grand Slam tour is talked about in hushed tones all around New South Wales in particular. In fact the 1977-1978 Australian Schoolboys Tour is revered.

See here a panel with Ricky Stuart, Michael O’Connor, “The King” Wally Lewis and Mark Ella where they are talking about it. Wally Lewis calls out Ella as the greatest ever. They’d make a DVD out of that if they could!

1 Like

Is Fintan Gunn a real name?

Invoking Tyrone is the Godwin’s law of the GAA