Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

Nice copy & paste bro

2 Likes

Where from? Should be easy for a man of your ability to track it down

And its generally the working class sent off to die by the ruling class.

These days it’s usually a drone which is sent off to bomb a peasant

This is a very good analysis of Putin by Russian-American journalist Julia Ioffe.

Yea, I looked it up there and it’s also been confirmed above by An Slua Muirí deserter @Fagan_ODowd.

Eleven years after the end of World War I, a convention was called to revise the previous rules of war with special attention given to the rules regarding prisoners of war. The 1929 Convention replaced and built on the 1907 Convention. All of the basic principles remained intact, even using the same language. The major difference was the clarification of those basic rights. Instead of 16 articles, the 1929 convention lists 97 articles directly related to prisoners of war. A good example of changes made in the new revision is Article 5, “Every prisoner of war is bound to give, if he is questioned on the subject, his true name and rank, or else his regimental number. If he infringes this rule, he is liable to have the advantages given to prisoners of his class curtailed. No coercion may be used on prisoners to secure information relative to the condition of their army or country. Prisoners who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind whatever. If, because of his physical or mental condition, a prisoner is unable to identify himself, he shall be turned over to the medical corps.”

It’s heavily restricted what a soldier can carry. Ye might remember in Iraq the US soldiers operating inside enemy lines had to carry away their own faeces in their backpacks for fear the enemy would gain information from it. I shit you not…

2 Likes

Some Russian nut job on facebook.

Donetsk army seized New York today.
Not a joke. New-York is a small town near Donetsk (there were some 10 000 residents before 2014). Founded by West colonists in late 18th century as New York, renamed as Novgorodskoye in 1951, renamed back in New York in 2021.

Dmitri Kovalevich

My man in Russia says he is leaving, he’s actually a Ruskie. Cyprus will be bursting at the seems shortly I’d say

Ukraine has now officially rejected this “proposal”. Russia is losing big here.

5 Likes

As it stands we are a day or two away from Ukrainians landing being put in homeless shelters as hotels are filling up.

It would appear to be a pinch point due to tomorrow and it’ll clear up fairly quickly but it’s pretty grim all the same. There are a lot of kids and young women landing, with no money and no English.

4 Likes

Are they being put up in the overflow places from the direct provision system? You mentioned Lisdoonvarna as one of the destinations for buses

Are they out of volunteer houses or is it just not possible to get people to these paces or what?

62000 holiday homes. Time to take these

5 Likes

I’m only given the hotel names but I assume so. A lot of the Travelodges in Dublin were the first places and we’d be used to asylum seekers in Dublin going there.

The hotel in Lisdoon took at least 50 people one night so I assume it’s part of that process.

They need to get people out to private houses soon but I’d be worried about the lack of Garda vetting. There are an awful lot of incredibly young children, young mothers, single young women etc after landing. A sizeable minority of them can’t even read or write in our alphabet so they could end up very dependent on their hosts

2 Likes

What’s zelensky on about here when he talks about his true friends? Presumably we can rule out nato countries, and russia probably

Don’t mind about that, the most important issue is have they got evidence of a booster jab?

1 Like

The language thing is something that hosts may not be prepared for at all. A lot of the mothers are coming from the sticks, mightn’t have worked in years and won’t have a word of English.

1 Like

I can’t believe my “Ukraine flag with an arrow on it” hasn’t solved all the queueing issues tbh