Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

Yeah, because the truly good people are those who have spent the last six years cheerleading Putin’s barbaric war in Syria in support of the butcher Assad, like you.

Imagine living in a world constructed entirely from straw men so as to insulate you from having to account for your horrible views, like you do.

1 Like

There ye go lads. Enjoy.

Putins invasion of Ukraine is abhorrent. I’ll hold my hands up in that I didn’t expect him to do that. It was an appalling road to go down and its dangerous terrority now re world order.

Never the less, I do think Putin did the world a favour removing the ISIS threat in Syria. Surely you’re not backing those ISIS lads are you?

I didn’t have them down as “woke”.

They did a good job in fairness, majorly ott though … the photo of the lad raising the flag in berlin was staged, and wtf are the wee lassies doing running down the corridor. I stopped there.

The veneer of civilisation barbarians pour over themselves.

Putin did nothing to ISIS. Putin backed and contributed the side which killed 90% of civilians in Syria.

The Assad regime is a truly evil regime and Putin’s intervention in Syria was evil. Russia killed 23k civilians and routinely bombed hospitals.

The truth is that ISIS, grotesquely evil as they are, were only in the hapenny place in Syria compared to the combined Assad/Putin butchery.

Assad, like Putin, should be hanging from a lampost.

I’d just rather there was no wars to tell you the truth. I don’t have a strong political alliance with anyone.

Live and let live I say. “Unmasked preferably”.

1 Like

Mood music would suggest China is leaving Russia in the lurch.

i) They refused to support Russia over a vote Russia tried to bring at the UN tonight. Russia abandoned the vote.
ii) Lavrov’s plane to Beijing apparently turned around half way and flew back to Moscow.
iii) Chinese state media is reporting that Russia is murdering Ukrainian civilians.

1 Like

Slava Ukraini!

Found this strangely powerful.

6 Likes

Arnold is a brilliant speaker, he mentioned his father there and he previously referred to him in another video about how hard it was growing up with a shattered and bitter former Nazi who fought in the war. He lays it all out there does Arnie and he has that talent where when he speaks people tend to listen.

1 Like
1 Like

Have a look at a map and ask yourself why war in the Ukraine is a bigger deal in Europe. FFS.

1 Like

That seems like a bit of an oversimplification.

So the value of people’s lives is determined by their proximity to western Europeans?

Do you think we’d have a bigger reaction to Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia being bombed & invaded?

Its because they are white?

Of course it’s not but 3 million refugees have gone West right into the heart of the EU in the last 3 weeks.
War is on the doorstep of NATO, with the pretense of it being the right to join that Military alliance and also the EU.
Europe lived through the iron curtain, and the threat of nuclear war. Putin is threatening nuclear war again. Countries like Germany were impacted post Chernobyl.

It’s really not difficult to understand why this is seen as a bigger issue in Europe and the West.

Seriously ffs.

7 Likes

I’m scratching my head as to what would be in an actual deal - if the war is going as badly as presumed for Russia and logistics are in Ukraine’s favour, then I can’t see him agreeing to give up Crimea and the two separatist regions - nor should he for security reasons. Likewise he isn’t going to make Ukraine nuetral or back out of trying to get into NATO. Then you have an added factor of the sanctions and whether or not they are on the table.

Arnold is a great great man.

Up to 2 million refugees were displaced following as a result of the 2014 coup in ukraine. As many more were created by the wars in chechny and georgia (where US intervention also olayed a significant part). And Iraq was a NATO partner.
Its about proximity, skin colour, media driven bias and the price of oil. We’re silent about a man made (US and UK) famine in yemen because we havent been told to care, partly because its believed that oil from Saudi Arabia is worth it.
But you’re right about one thing- russia is more of a threat than the various arab nations that we fuck over daily…for now at least.

A question. Would you fight for your country? Would you be prepared to die for the flag?
Cowardly as it sounds, I’d have no internet in heading off with a rifle if someone invaded Ireland. Countries. Lines on a map. Am I proud to be Irish? As opposed to being French or German etc? Proud of what has come out of the island but pure chance I’m Irish. Luck that we are in western Europe when you see what’s going on in other parts of the world but the same luck could apply to someone from Boston or Auckland or Tokyo.
I am not a chest beater tear to the eye Mick.
Playing music over the years and butchering lots of great Irish songs, I can no longer listen to the paddywhackery of Irish music on Paddy’s day. I’d have PTSD with a dose of cringe.
Anyways, no I wouldn’t be prepared to die for my country.