Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

It is a straightforward situation, the exact same as World War II was. There will be no diplomacy because there can be diplomacy because the enemy is the 21st century’s answer to Hitler.

The war must be and will be won by the forces of freedom, or free countries worldwide will capitulate and plunge the world into an era of full blown tyranny and disaster.

It’s that simple. It always has been that simple. This is not just existential for Ukraine, but for all free countries.

It is really a great illustration of a team of people.

Good, Bad, incompentent, mad etc

There’s no show like a Joe show!

1 Like

I think even that possibility has long passed. If “diplomacy” does ever happen again with Putin’s Russia it will be by a Putinist client regime in Washington under Trump.

Posted already.

Could Putin have made better protective measures for his citizens by cutting off gas to European countries without invading Ukraine?

Could he have made his point without starting a War?

It appears he was hugely confident of ransacking the Ukraine.

I can’t explain or dispute what is said on that podcast but what I say above also holds water.

Putin is no better than the so called bad Americans.

Nobody is saying Putin is any better. Literally nobody here has said that, or in that video, or pretty much anywhere outside Russia. You’re arguing with something you made up in your own head.

Who the fuck is Dave Smith?

He’s not. I don’t think anyone here has said otherwise. He’s a cunt and the invasion is all Russia… But let’s not be so naive to think the Americans and EU have no designs on the place either.

Who do you think is better, so? Putin or Biden?

That’s in no way insightful, it’s the end game of any conflict ffs.

Why do people keep dropping such banal, insincere lines….

just for some of the Ukrainian fanboys to ponder on - linked from the Milne article but buried now…

The Russians in the East of Ukraine shite themselves when they seen Ukrainian nationalists overthrow the pro Russian government. Putin saw a chance and supported the DPR and LPR separatists and snatched Crimea. The West is supporting Kyiv and Russia was supporting the East of Ukraine up until February, then Putin invaded.

Designs for what?

Ukraine drifted towards Europe for the same reasons the rest of the Eastern Bloc has, it’s simply better.

Why do we talk down the luck we’ve had to be born in such free and prosperous places? We’ve our problems but we are the peak of civilisation to this point.

I disagree respectively @Cheasty

I don’t think there is any comparison here to Nazi Germany who were absolutely desperate cunts. There has been serious concerns raised on the ethnic Russian side too re genocide. With respect twitter won’t get us to the truth either, mate.

Jus to be clear. I’m also not backing up Putin. He was absolutely wrong when he invaded Ukraine in February and its hard to see a way back out of it for him.

Re the Ukraine regime, I don’t see any difference only maybe Zelensky is more dangerous and has called for pre-impetive nuclear strikes from Nato.

Ultimately, in my opinion, Zelensky is only a pawn in this proxy war. It is gas that throughout all of this suffering like every war throughout history both he and Putin don’t give a fuck about the people dying on the front lines.

They’re more alike than they think.

I am not.

You keep trying to shift blame upon Zelenskyy & the West for the reaction to Putins interference and invasion of Ukraine.

Again this is completely normal. His country has been invaded and the aggressor is threatening nuclear strikes on his population. Of course he wants to disrupt that.

This isn’t a game to him or Ukrainians like it is to us (beyond energy prices).

yes you are…

Read all the posts where I said the invasion is wrong.

You’re the one who keeps saying the West aren’t involved in any way. I am arguing against that. When they quite obviously are and have been since Maidan. Do you think they weren’t?

It’s the same from all the pro Kremlin accounts the lads have been gobbling up.

Zelensky the Russian speaker of Jewish descent is a Nazi who hates Russia.

The lads aren’t aware that the underlying philosophical basis for this “reborn Russia” is actually fascist. Nor that falling someone a fascist in Russia is like calling someone a gobshite here.

1 Like

Look this is no laughing matter but I find it genuinely fucking hilarious idiots coming out with things like Putin will take the free world and end all our freedom and he can’t take two fucking regions in Eastern Ukraine he claims he’s had since 2014. Will ye give it a fucking rest.

You’re ignoring the civil war though that has being going on in the Donbas since 2014.

80 thousand dead I believe. That is frightening.

I don’t think I’ve ever condemned Zelensky, he is a nationalist fighting for his country. He is doing what he can.

He kind of tore up the Minsk agreements though, seemed to want to take it to Russia despite France and Germany and the UK pushing the agreements, Russia seemed happy with them, the US weren’t either though

He is between a very big rock and a very big hard place and they’re both squeezing in on him