Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Why is the war still even raging? What has given Ukraine the ability to sustain the fight and push Russia back? Putin now knows heā€™s caught in this for years and years if the US and Ukraine so wish.

But yeah, ive no idea how to pursue peace :person_shrugging:t2:

I donā€™t understand mate, what exactly are you suggesting the US should do differently, or do at all, that would lead to peace?

:sweat_smile: as if the yanks give two fucks about the people of Ukraine

4 Likes

Peace talks can happen along these lines in my opinion

1. get Russia and the Ukraine talking - sort out their bilateral issues - they were talking as recently as March in Turkey, there is a desire there to resolve this
  2. get Russia the EU and Ukraine talking - sort out the economic issues and resolutions to the economic devastation brought about
  3. get Russia and US/NATO talking and stabilise how they all can fit in the World.

Concessions will be needed and I think the main sticking point will be how the autonomy of the areas in the East will be decided. It might be best left undecided while negotiations are ongoing. Obviously a ceasefire will need to be adhered to and this isnā€™t going to come easy, given previous breaches, on both sides.

Put the Donbas region under UN control until such point as terms can be negotiated. So a peacekeeping mission as opposed to a military operation.

Get financial and humanitarian aid at point, in Eastern Ukraine to rebuild not destroy.

A prolonged war can be avoided. The longer a prolonged war goes on, the more chance a hard line is crossed and we get devastation on a scale we havenā€™t seen in our lifetimes. The more a prolonged war goes on, the more chance we see flare ups in Armenia, Iran, Turkey, basically anyhwere with a grievance along Russias borders. The longer a prolonged war goes on the more likely we are to see China invade and take Taiwan.

I think now is the perfect time to push for peace. Itā€™s coming in to hard winter. The desire for this will be at an all time low in Russia. Itā€™s achievable and certainly more so than the all out defeat and de-militarisation of Russia.

Somebody asked for a prediction - I think there will be talks before '22 is out and I hope the fuck they can be successful. The alternative is bleak

Iā€™ll probably be called names for saying all that

A strong dollar/ weak euro

1 Like

If we just let him have the Sudetenland it will guarantee peace in our time

4 Likes

Does Glas think all that military hardware is being donated for free by the yanks? In the name of Freedom?

1 Like

Theyā€™re giving Europe record levels of gas for free also.

Do you think Putin wants peace?

If he wanted to help his ā€œ Ethnic Russian ā€œ brothers & sisters in Eastern Ukraine why didnā€™t he exert all his military might there Day 1 and annex it?

Instead of the above he moved on Kyiv, he wanted the Country and fully expected to take it.

This is a great ballhop you have on the go.

1 Like

Man rushes to library and asks librarian; 'have you got that new book on small penises?

Librarian: i dont believe itā€™s in yet

Man: Yes, thatā€™s the one.

3 Likes

This daft cunt :joy:

can someone else give that poor sap the aul bit of attention he craves?

Did somebody mention people who crave attention?

Filatov will not be happy.

2 Likes

Businesses being wiped out. Livelihoods being destroyed.

Youā€™re reaching deep into the banter barrel this evening

But Paddy Bogtrotter has a Ukraine flag on his social media profile

2 Likes

I donā€™t see whatā€™s so funny about people losing their livelihoods. Clearly you didnā€™t bother clicking on the rte news article in the tweet but would rather dismiss it because Quinn has retweeted it.

Heā€™ll probably let go of the foreigners he employs to try claw back some money